Has anyone ever heard of Treasure Emporium brand dry washer?

Meagen's Dad

Greenie
Feb 26, 2013
Crestline, Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey everyone, I'm new to dry washing & I just picked up a Treasure Emporium dry washer, it's pretty big compared to the "medium" size ones my friends have & it came with a 3.5 hp Briggs & Stratton 4 stroke engine powered blower (it was on Craig's list for $175 so I figured it was worth the gamble). It seems to be an older unit, the guy who sold it to me bought it from a friends father's estate & had no idea what he had (I'll see if I can post a picture from the Craigs list ad). It seems pretty cool just wondering if anyone here had heard of them, used one & if they are any good.

Thanks! dry washer.jpg dry washer1.jpg

Last edited:

prospect007

Mar 16, 2014
western us
Detector(s) used
minelab 4000,fisher gb2,f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haven't heard of that brand , looks like a good dry washer.

OP
OP
M

Meagen's Dad

Greenie
Feb 26, 2013
Crestline, Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the orange parts are injection molded plastic, about 3/16" thick, should make for a strong static charge.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG they went belly up back in the very early 80s. That unit didn't sell for that much 30+ years ago. If you buy, run that engine(check for oil/gas being old/low) and see if someone has modified the inlet fan with a offset elliptical vibrator(think panning action)that improves recovery by a HUGE factor. It will be prone to cracking and such as that ol'school plastic utilized waaaaaaay back in the day dries out. Lotza luck-THANX MUCH as just seeing a survivor like that is truly amazing-John

snakejim

Dec 18, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer, White's GM3, GMT, GM24K, White's Pulse scan TDI, Sierra Pulse Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A friend of mine bought one around 1985. It seemed to work ok. I'll check and see if he still has it.
Here's Tom's reply:
(Quote)
Morning, yes I did and I sold it to very good friend of mine a few years ago.

It worked so so but I had to modify the upper box side rails to keep it from dumping all the dirt over the sides because it was not going down the riffles properly. Also worked on the gate that released the dirt from the screened box to help regulate the amount of dirt that went into the riffle tray. May have been others but I can’t remember at this time. (End quote)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread