Interested in purchasing some dry washing equipment

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI..Only charter members can reply with item to sell per our rules, others are deleted.

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Too bad you're so far away. I've got an old Keene unit that we bought about 35 years ago. It has less than 3 hours use on it. (we found out it's not near dry enough here for a dry washer) It's been sitting in my shop all that time. Has a Briggs & Stratton engine, with self-contained blower. Have no idea of the model #. I'm not interested in shipping it. I'd sell it for half of what a comparable new one would retail for.
Jim

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Have you checked the local shops and prospecting clubs for used equipment? There are clubs in Victorville, 29 Palms, a few in Las Vegas, and likely more I either do not know about of have forgotten. Craigslist may also be helpful. I have one in my shop in Oregon just gathering dust since a stroke, but you are too far away to make that a cost effective option. If, however, the new meds help some of my persistant post-stroke issues, I may want to load it up and join you for a few weeks of shoveling sand and gravel.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try Pedersen's Metal Detectors in Buena Park. That's where I found my used Keene Drywasher.

Mike

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check into Valley Prospectors, a club based in the area.
Great folks (from those I've met) and probably a used
dry washer or 2 a member would sell. Not to mention
access to their claims.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check craigslist. Antique dry washer I just click on "for sale" and enter the word mining. Start with searching the big city's in your area.

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been thinking about a dry washer as well.
But from what I have seen (and that is only pictures and videos), I just keep thinking there has to be a better way?!?!

All things considered, whats the acceptable amount of loss with a dry washer?
No ones been able to make a better "Mouse Trap" when it comes to processing dry material?
I'm still searching for answers cuz this is all still new to me, so sorry if this is dumb.

Cheers

G

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions