Commercial Drywasher

jlivings

Nov 3, 2009
Back in the U.S. of A.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD 2200, Fisher gold bug, Fisher cz6, Garrett Sea Hunter, Fisher Gemini 3000, TesoroLobo Super Trac, Whites pin pointer

Attachments

• 00N0N_lMoSJp0ux9T_600x450.jpg
    00N0N_lMoSJp0ux9T_600x450.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,268
  • 00909_2LJCZyU55w0_600x450.jpg
    00909_2LJCZyU55w0_600x450.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,183

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well it looks to me that some one had an good idea from the pix but did they really work? I had never seen any like that ,
It takes a lot of material to keep up with something like that . You could look at their's and come up with something to build for you and change as you need . I have seen a very large home made dry washer in Arizona on a privet claim built from wood but had never been around when in use .

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the one in the lower pic is the ones that the guys in our group built. One was used in the Mojave and then sold to a rancher in Mexico by Arizona.

extreme drywasher test on youtube or for jeffs drywasher on youtube for a one man bobcat operation.

Currently there is one two box unit being sold in bakersfield

pm me and I can give you one of the builders number or the bakersfield guys number

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ricks d 2.JPG

One of the latest drywashers the extreme drywasher guy made

triple classification, four box, small backhoe feed

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for a source of what I would call a small to medium sized commercial drywasher.
I am including a couple of images I found online, to give you an idea of what I am talking about.
I would appreciate any leads to where I can purchase one, or to plans so I can build my own.

Thank you,

Jack

I 've had seen the first pic somewhere else online . The other one with it's six recovery sluices looks like it is a real material eater. Don't know but it looks like a blower type, these produce more but they are a lot noisier and they loose more fines than the puffer types.

prospect007

Mar 16, 2014
western us
Detector(s) used
minelab 4000,fisher gb2,f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gelmac, blower type dry washers don't loose any more fine gold than puffers. if your puffer is not set up right it will loose gold, same with the blower type dry washers. I have used both types, the only real difference I have really noticed is the blowers can run a little wetter material and still get recovery, I have recovered micron gold with both types of dw's.
a constant feed is the key to getting the best recovery on any dw.
imo a blower type dw is more efficient if set up properly. the air helps dry the material for processing.

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The six box uses air from one motor. They are setup with a 13 or 20 something motor running a giant squirrel cage from an air conditioning unit. The motor also runs a hydraulic pump and motors
to run the conveyors and vibrating hopper assembly.
The big stack on the 2nd picture is the air intake.

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The six box uses air from one motor. They are setup with a 13 or 20 something motor running a giant squirrel cage from an air conditioning unit. The motor also runs a hydraulic pump and motors
to run the conveyors and vibrating hopper assembly.
The big stack on the 2nd picture is the air intake.

Anyone have any more info on this type of blower assembly for a 4 bank drywasher. I am planning to build one of these and like the idea of one blower running the 4 rather than 4 small blowers. If anyone can provide pictures of this set up , would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice operation that Aussie has ..thanks for the link Terry. Think I will add a Royal King drywasher for my Summer diggins spot and see how it goes. If it goes okay may just build a double bank fed by one hopper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions