Dowsing and Drywashing

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
witching sticks are great fun for an outing, X marks the spot seems to work with the extra pair i bring along, as for that elusive nugget, can't seem to grasp it

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a grease wood branch from in the zone of mineralization to sometimes to aid me in my search for the hard rock gold seems there may be some type halo or something in the mineralized zone that the plant senses or maybe its just wishfull thinking, ive known more than one crazy ole miner that uses this method.
one would have to be there to see it work.

i look at it this way anything that you do to increase your daily take whether it be a Prayer to the lord, or just having your lucky gold bottle with you if it works right on use it !!!
GT...................

OP
OP
H

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought a pair of rods and researched most of that evening. Next morning I had to try so in the backyard I spread out some change, a 1/4oz in a small vial and a 4 gram nugget and buried it. All be darn, those rods crossed over every coin, gold in the vial and the nugget. To be honest, the whole experience kind of creep me out a bit (been a while since I had a shot of whiskey after breakfast) but now I'm excited to take em out. Called the fella back at the prospecting shop where I bought the rods and he said that for sure they work better for some than others and that perhaps I had the "knack". Just hope my house isn't haunted now.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i say, what ever works is right GT, i know i am bring an arsenal of stuff to the new claim me and the boys picked up, and witching sticks will be a part of it along with a two box, PI, VLF, proline, highbanker,

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14: Amen as I try to bring it all as that 1 piece left home is assured to be in need once your mining. :headbang: John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread