Dry washing secret weapon!

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lots of guys using concrete mixers to break down clods and gravels out there these days because they're cheap and work well. Too bad it can't attach to a pack frame so easily as a concrete tamp.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that secret's been out for quite awhile.
But thanks for sharing:icon_thumleft:

GG~

Panman

Sep 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just what I need, another piece of semi heavy equipment to haul around. Now if I can just get a backhoe too I'll be set.

itspaidfor

Feb 18, 2015
LeClaire,Ia
Primary Interest:
Other
Or
DSC_05772.JPG

OP
OP
snakejim

snakejim

Dec 18, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer, White's GM3, GMT, GM24K, White's Pulse scan TDI, Sierra Pulse Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a Gold Claimer trommel like that. It works great, except the problem is hauling water to it.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
A cement mixer has a LOT of possible uses in processing. I'm going to get one and use some bearings from a D-12 Cat to make a small ball mill that will serve several uses. All of those black sands that need crushing will be run through it to prep them for amalgamation.

Panman

Sep 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does he use to power it? I saw a power cord in the picture, but didn't see a power source. If it's a gas generator what size do you need?

OP
OP
snakejim

snakejim

Dec 18, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer, White's GM3, GMT, GM24K, White's Pulse scan TDI, Sierra Pulse Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What does he use to power it? I saw a power cord in the picture, but didn't see a power source. If it's a gas generator what size do you need?
He uses a small generator to run the cement mixer and his jack hammer. The generator size would depend on the current needed by the tools. Probably 2000 watts = 16 amps should be plenty for what he is using in the video.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread