Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GENTLEMEN:

Finally got a start on my hand crank bellows drywasher. Thought I would start there and then go the 12V route. I am building a version based on
William Fletcher's (Bill's Folding Drywasher) 12 volt bellows design. It is an elegant design in many ways.

I am starting with the hopper which has an expanded metal grizzly. The drawings I have do not specify whether the expanded metal is the 3-dimensional kind used in sluices, or the flattened variety. Obviously the flattened variety would facilitate sliding the larger material off, but seems the 3-D stuff would help scour and beak up some of the gnarly stuff.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I just can't walk down the street here in Florida and see many drywashers. Almost afraid to ask, but sure could use help in choosing the riffle tray material and it's underneath support as well. See some neat pictures of thin perforated metal under space age synthetic fabric. I would go that way if I knew the details. Otherwise it will be alum screen material under the material sold on-line to redo your Keene.

Best regards to all, Thurman

William Fletcher

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
I got my hands on an ironing board from a yard sale and the expanded metal is flat but the size was good.
I also used bills plans as guide lines but improvise with what was laying around.

OP
OP
T

Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bodfish,

Getting lots of help from previous posts, now that I remember to do it. And I am thirsty.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those old hand made wood and metal drywashers were functional works of art (kind of like hand carved/painted duck decoys), when not in use park it in the man cave.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those old hand made wood and metal drywashers were functional works of art dripping in testosterone (kind of like hand carved/painted duck decoys) When not in use park it in the man cave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread