Dry washing in Cajon pass California

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like Cajon Pass might be a little warm for a while !

Yup looks like it.......

hot weather.jpg

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess that's one way to dry your dirt . Seriously- good luck to everyone down there.

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had Valley Fever as a youngster down in southern Arizona. Still have a scar in my lung because of it. My Dr up here in Vegas freaked out when she first saw my chest Xray. She had never heard of VF and wasn't convinced I knew what I was talking about until I dug up Xrays from 5 years earlier that showed the exact same scar. I knew I didn't have lung cancer, but it took a while to convince her.

My heart goes out to those effected by the fire.

Joanne

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had Valley Fever as a youngster down in southern Arizona. Still have a scar in my lung because of it. My Dr up here in Vegas freaked out when she first saw my chest Xray. She had never heard of VF and wasn't convinced I knew what I was talking about until I dug up Xrays from 5 years earlier that showed the exact same scar. I knew I didn't have lung cancer, but it took a while to convince her.

My heart goes out to those effected by the fire.

Joanne
In the 60s they tested the school kids in So. and Central Kal and found over 80 o/o of us tested positive for V.F.. As children, it wasn't a very big deal, we assumed it was just a bad cold . Get some age on you and wow!!

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
I was diagnosed with pneumonia in 10/2003. Wasn't till my annual physical in 05/2004 that my doctor informed me it was VF. They had the test results in November. Thanks doc for lookin out for my health.

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Thanks for the heads up on VF, never knew and I'm a native Angeleno. One of the drawbacks of being an antisocial loner

OP
OP
cpomike13

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, just saw the video you sent. Again you give me great stuff Mike. I'm going to share this, and to hell with my brother, I'm getting proper breathing protection. Thanks again Dizz! Thanks to all others for your imput too. Big help.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

cpomike131

Dec 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy F'ing new year! With all the rain we're getting, No, not dry washing. Probably not until May.

Big Mike digging SoCal

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes the ground isn't dry enough until well into the Summer after a Winter like this. If your dirt is on top of caliche ,it's like a sealant.

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last year, I had good results digging out a spot and spreading dirt out to dry. Definitely doing that again this year.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find gold just about everytime up in Cajon Pass. My favorite way is to open an new hole. All that material is from the San Gabriels, alluvial fan materila that faulting has moved up and away from its original location.

When I open a new hle, I do it carefully. Then you can see how the material is laid in. Sometimes you will see a layer of boulders and cobbles, then a dark layer of black sand sitting on a clay layer. Most of the gold will be in the blacksand layer above the clay. But there is still gold in the cobble and boulder material. The streams that formed the alluvial fans didn't run full bore all the tiem, so the sorting of the material is not the same as in a river.

Skifisher

Apr 17, 2007
Anaheim, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX
Yeah, I've done the dry out on tarps. Thanks for the advice, been using bandanas, and so far no fever, but I think I'll heed your advice and buy some

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I just saw this video and wow, the true impact of VF is probably hundreds of times what the current numbers are, just not diagnosed properly. Would be great to see this video pinned in the drywashing section, I think of my lifetime of digging, off roading, etc. I always shovel from an upwind position, but think of all the dirt roads to get there, etc. Don't take lightly, Wear a mask. I certainly will. Every wall Mart, home improvement place on the way to drywash has them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread