cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, my Brother and I went to GPAA Crystal claim, and because of the recent downpour we had last week, most of the good holes were filled with a lot of mud, and although the top 2 inches were dry, underneath was moist dirt, and you can't dry wash moist dirt with too much sucess, so we decided to try try a new spot, and we were pleasently surprised. I tested the concentrates after only 2 buckets, and found good gold, better gold that we've seen in our hole that was filled with mud. Because we had limited time, we didn't clean our concentrates, so we'll finish cleaning those, and we brought home all the clots, that didn't breakup off the feed hopper, we placed bucket in front to collect the clots, instead of leaving them there. We'll soak them and process them later this week. I will post pictures when I get out there and clean up that GOLD!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this thread is a little old, but any updates on this cpomike13?
I've been looking at some of the local GPAA claims and going to try and make it out to one of them soon to put my drywasher to work.
Most likely going to hit the ones in Garlock/Randsburg area first.
But the Lytle Creek and Cajon pass area aren't much further away and I would love to check those areas out as well.

Cheers

G

titan100

Nov 12, 2014
Norco, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know it's wet up in cajon pass. I've run a recirculation set up in that area and done well. I have a friend that dry washes up there and does well when the dirt is dry.

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My "Bucket List" of places I want to try, is getting quite long.
But this area is close to the top.

It was recommended to check out the Coolgardie area as well.
Apparently, the "Two Quartz" claim (GPAA club Claim) is no longer under GPAA.
TVP is now rightful owner.
Bummer - I was looking forward to that run.

Oh well.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gbone , you ought to enquire about the Valley Prospectors and The Orange Co Prospectors. They both have some very good desert [and others] claims

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't believe the GPAA let the Two Quartz claim go, one of the best club claims in the Mojave for drywashing. I know that the Buzzard would not be pleased. Let my GPAA membership laps several years back.......no regrets.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cpomike13

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I l etc my GPAA membership lapse too, I'm still going out to Cajon, getting a lil yellow. Getting a lil hot, but I'm expanding my search area, but I love the Cajon area.
You know that thread where the poster ask for a picture of the area you're working, and he'd tell you where the gold. Is, I've been talking to him. He's a great geologist in Siberia Russia, and he's actually good. He pointed me to a spot, and although the area I was told to look at was damp, because of recent rain, the area just down from there, I found gold, and lots of black sand!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike , you might try working in the creek off the Langhorn exit. It's usually not as good as the pass but is a bit cooler. Also do a search on the Land Matters site in the Coolgardie, Holcom Valley and Cajon Pass areas . You might be pleasantly surprised at what is open to prospect. Might find something good enough to claim. G/L

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always wanted to get to the hills on the left going up to the top last turn just before the straight last run to the top .
Just never seen any way to get to them hills . I may make a day of it and search it out .

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H2 There are a coup;e of ways to get there. Langhorn is one . A mile or 2 up hill is an other,Sorry I can't recall the name of the exit. I think that it takes you to a RR crossing and they are a little arbitrary to deal with. You might try a Thomas guide. G/L

OP
OP
cpomike13

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H-2, get off at Oak hill, cross over the 15, take a right on the service road, down a little way you see a mobile home park, the dirt road just behind the park is where I go. DON'T take the first left unless your truck/vehicle is already badly scratched up lime mine is now

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice black plastic will help dry out the sands real fast. Anchor corners, shovel all the dry off the top. Then shovel and spread around on the plastic and dries amazingly fast. Use a broom to move around and remove and you can reuse plastic easily, cheap as dirt anyhow,jus' sayn' some folks dirt poor. While it dries you run the dry materials and double production is righteous. BUT #1 rule of drywashing is a HIGH QUALITY dust mask/resperator as Desert Fever is no joke out there as even the prison was closed down because prisoners were dying from it. Lots of luck-John

OP
OP
cpomike13

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I've done the dry out on tarps. Thanks for the advice, been using bandanas, and so far no fever, but I think I'll heed your advice and buy some

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mike, John is right on the money. Get yourself a proper mask (I think it's
an N95) and be sure to wear it. I know it's a PITA, especially on hot days,
but the thing will save your life.

While I could never get a straight answer from his family, I am pretty damn
sure that Valley Fever had a part in my friend Ken's death back in 2014.

Watched a TV show the other night that was all about Valley Fever, and
it made me realize just how evil this spore is. You can watch the full show
for free, as it's on PBS.

In fact, I encourage anyone who works out in that desert to watch it, as
they really cover the details of how to protect yourself, and what the disease
can do to your life...including ending it!

Watch Full Episodes Online of ViewFinder on PBS | Deadly Dust - Valley Fever

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had it. It is without question the sickest I've ever been.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG........The OC club was killed off by this nasty stuff...our whole drywashing crew of fanatics would NOT listen,just puffed away on the cigs and inhaled them spores RIP-Richard Kadolpf, GR Houck, Don Wisemen, John Pierre,Don Hofmann etc etc etc etc etc......hurts to even think about it....err on the side of caution for your kids sake. NEVER heard of anyone surving it so your indeed blessed RC...John

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Indulging in moderation makes life worth living but smok'n while drywashing is seriously looking for trouble.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i brought some 3-m 95 masks on ebay.they were cheap .get some!!

brad

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really good video. Every drywashing prospector should see this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread