What Drywasher should I buy?

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Cube, Royal Mini Highbanker, Angus Mackirk sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been looking at drywashers now for a year and cant decide which to buy. I was looking at the Royal large drywasher but I have heard some negative feedback.

The Keenes look nice but it seems like a lot of small parts can get lost and the price is up there.

I did find the Thompson drywasher on line and from what I see it looks well built.
Any feed back will be appreciated.

Au-Nv

Greenie
Sep 3, 2015
lv
Detector(s) used
infinny gb pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the royal large and it is a really well built dry washer. I dont have a problem with th clean outs i just bring a brush and a 5 gallon bucket works fine. The only thig about it is it eats the dirt i always classifie 5 buckeys before i run

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have 3 forced air(Royal & Keene) and two 12 puffer (Thompson & Keene) drywashers and they all work great. I started out using the forced air most often but in the last year find myself reaching for the 12volt. Quiet, almost dustless and no gasoline fumes sure is nice but I must say that the forced air machines will process more material per hour. I recommend classifying down to 1/4' for both which will increase fine gold recovery and allow material to move steady from hopper into the riffle tray. Classifying also removes the organics (leaves, grass, twigs and such) which get stuck in hopper feed port constantly. Now there are just as many drywashers that don't classify anything and believe running more yards in the same amount of time makes it pretty much equal. I believe thats likely true unless the area is mostly known for fine gold which would make classifying key.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn I was hoping not to have to classify. I mighty hav eto rethink this.

Au-Nv

Greenie
Sep 3, 2015
lv
Detector(s) used
infinny gb pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You dont have to you just get a steady feed rate by classifying

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been looking at drywashers now for a year and cant decide which to buy. I was looking at the Royal large drywasher but I have heard some negative feedback.

The Keenes look nice but it seems like a lot of small parts can get lost and the price is up there.

I did find the Thompson drywasher on line and from what I see it looks well built.
Any feed back will be appreciated.

The Keene DW212V puffer, electric drywasher is
simply the lightest, most compact, portable and
efficient Dry Washer on the market. Runs off of a
12 Volt electric motor, battery required (not
included). The motor operates the vibrating crank
shaft for faster settling of heavier material.
Efficient, light, portable and a breeze to operate,
this Dry Washer is an absolute value.

OP
OP
F

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you to everyone that helped here I am know the proud owner of a Keene 140. It was a toss up at first but the weight and the way the screen can come out on the Keene for clean up looked like a better set up for me.

Now my next question. I know I need to get a 3 " hose for the blower which I am just going to use an RV discarge hose. Is there any rule on the length it should be?

OP
OP
F

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you to everyone that helped here I am know the proud owner of a Keene 140. It was a toss up at first but the weight and the way the screen can come out on the Keene for clean up looked like a better set up for me.

Now my next question. I know I need to get a 3 " hose for the blower which I am just going to use an RV discarge hose. Is there any rule on the length it should be?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About six-feet.

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the whole 140s setup, with the 4 stroke blower. I think my hose is about 12-15 ft. Long (I realize that sounds like my hose is bigger than your) but I always place it about as far as I can safely, and upwind.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Makes sense to me. Why have it closer if you dont have to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread