xtreme drywasher posted about 5 yrs ago.

bassman1975

Tenderfoot
Oct 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's Glen's invention. He was my neighbor back then. I watched him tinker with that for a couple of years. I heard that there were five for sale but I only knew of two actually being used.

The price was $16,000 and it couldn't process material very fast. It was very well made (quality but overbuilt) and very heavy. The riffle box was long and very narrow. Glen struggled with recovery rates but he was running sand from the first sand bar in Little San Domingo, not much gold or good material to test with there. I don't think the machine ever got much of a chance to prove itself in the field. At $16,000 with a narrow wheelbase Glen was reluctant to tow it to a difficult access site.

I seriously doubt Glen is still making them. The last one I saw operating was around Congress/Rich Hill Arizona in 2011/2012 season. If there is still one in existence that's probably the region where you would find it.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
B

bassman1975

Tenderfoot
Oct 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Heavy Pans for the info. I was afraid that the price would be high and the gold recovery was not great. I'm still looking for a large washer to use in the area you just mentioned and using a bobcat to shovel. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread