Blower for dry washer

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a good old cheapo Echo . It's lasted for 15 years. I did a carb rebuild and that is all. Man it's hard to believe a huskvarna would have flaked so soon. Never can tell I guess

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECHO rock, just keep them off the ground and upwind and good to go. Back in the day we sold many 1,000s with our drywashers and no complaints to speak of really. Cheap and light weight works-John

socalal99

Jan 26, 2013
So Cal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you have a 2 stroke engine, remember to run the engine out of gas until it dies, to prevent the gasoline from clogging the fuel port. If you leave gas in it for a long time, it will not start with out cleaning the fuel port.

OP
OP
Au-Nv

Au-Nv

Greenie
Sep 3, 2015
lv
Detector(s) used
infinny gb pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I replaced the fuel lines and new plug rebuilt the carb im thinking about just buying a troy built cheapy at lowes as a back up hate geting out ther with a break down

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Replace the ring(s) on the piston. Don't run it for more than 15 minutes at a time. Don't buy a cheaper one. The filter is the most important part of the machine. If you are up to it, hone the cylinder with a ball hone. If you use it daily, seven months is about the life of the motor.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
AU-NV,

I'm planning on getting a Troy built 4-stroke as I am tired of the problems associated with the 2-stroke engine. As you know 4-strokes are very reliable.

OP
OP
Au-Nv

Au-Nv

Greenie
Sep 3, 2015
lv
Detector(s) used
infinny gb pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was thinking about that aswell but not sure with all the cheap Chinese made motors if they are any better

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I bought my Keene 140s, it came with a 4 cyl made by Dolmar, germans. So far its 1 or 2 pulls starts, runs like a champ! but if you buy it solo its 600+

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a Husqvarna leaf blower that I use for blowing leaves. What a piece of crap. The ignition module failed after about two months of light yard work...maybe one hour of total run time. It's been fine be since I replaced it, but I shouldn't have had to.

Go Echo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Au-Nv

Au-Nv

Greenie
Sep 3, 2015
lv
Detector(s) used
infinny gb pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ended up with a makita 4 stroke put about 15 hours on it last time out still starts in one pull. And the 4 stroke is much quieter

desertgolddigger

Bronze Member
May 31, 2015
Twentynine Palms, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a 2-stroke blower that I finally got tired of. Why? The oil/gas mixture blew through my tray, clogging the cloth. I had to let the residue dry, and then brush the tray to open up the pores in the cloth. I ended up purchasing a vac system that uses a Dolmar 4-stroke. I no longer worry about clogging my cloth, and like others have mentioned, the 4-strokes seem to start up within just a few pulls. All you need to make sure you do is monitor the oil, gas, and filter. Me blower is almost too strong for my Gold Buddy Mini. I end up running it at a very slow speed, and it works wonders puffing the material. CaleyAnn

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a 2-stroke blower that I finally got tired of. Why? The oil/gas mixture blew through my tray, clogging the cloth. I had to let the residue dry, and then brush the tray to open up the pores in the cloth. I ended up purchasing a vac system that uses a Dolmar 4-stroke. I no longer worry about clogging my cloth, and like others have mentioned, the 4-strokes seem to start up within just a few pulls. All you need to make sure you do is monitor the oil, gas, and filter. Me blower is almost too strong for my Gold Buddy Mini. I end up running it at a very slow speed, and it works wonders puffing the material. CaleyAnn

A good cautionary tale. The clogged cloth makes me wonder what a 2-stroke does to your lungs too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread