New Compact Drywasher to be Out Soon

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold Grabber Mfg. (maker of dredges and highbankers) is getting into dry material mining. At the Vegas gold show last weekend, Allen Trees unveiled two drywashers and a portable trommel about to go into production. The drywashers; one forced air(pretty standard) but the other......a 12volt/hand crank model really caught my attention. Built lite and compact utilizing hard durable plastic hopper and riffle box design, it reminded me a lot of a Thompson/Keene hybrid if you could picture that. He said it weighed little over 20lbs but when I suggested utilizing stout aluminum leg supports (instead of steal) he said over-all weight would come down substantially and he would look into this. When I mentioned there are many of us "pack frame boot leather prospectors" that count the pounds and ounces on our backs he seemed very receptive. Cost for this new 12v/handcrank machine is around $600.00, very reasonable if you ask me
The portable trommel was also equally impressive as it can be hand cranked or powered by 12volt motor, I think it was priced below $500.00. I don't think this equipment is for sale on their web site yet but they may be at the next GPAA Gold Show.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread