xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
thanks guys,just ordered 20 n95s.
thanks brad

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may also want to make yourself a "drywasher poncho" to help keep the dust down.

Fashion it from a large clear plastic sheet (drop cloth)
Just cut a hole in the middle of the sheet same size as the hopper and use clips to fasten it around the edges of the hopper and let the rest drape over the whole drywasher down to the ground. If it's windy use rocks to hold the skirt to the ground.
Works like a charm :icon_thumleft:

Go for the Gold
GG~

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You may also want to make yourself a "drywasher poncho" to help keep the dust down.

Fashion it from a large clear plastic sheet (drop cloth)
Just cut a hole in the middle of the sheet same size as the hopper and use clips to fasten it around the edges of the hopper and let the rest drape over the whole drywasher down to the ground. If it's windy use rocks to hold the skirt to the ground.
Works like a charm :icon_thumleft:

Go for the Gold
GG~

A drywash pancho, man what a great idea GG. I think I'll make mine out of cotton canvas duck

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A drywash pancho, man what a great idea GG. I think I'll make mine out of cotton canvas duck

I like clear so I can easily look in on the sluice from time to time and also check on the tailing pile to see if it needs knocking down. :tongue3:

Last edited:

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giving this thread a bump as this is a good conversation with Drywashing weather coming soon.
Talk of VF and dustmasks came up on the "Drywashing Cajon pass", so this is a good one to keep going..

GG's dust pancho sounds like a no brain-er as a "must have".
I almost feel a true respirator might be needed now a days along with the full on hazmat suit.

OK, we're ready to go drywashing......
drywashing suits.jpg

All joking aside, my health is very important to me as I get older.
I want to be able to get out there into the great outdoors and search for Gold as I approach my golden years.
Breathing is at the top of the list in importance. So I will be taking the extra precautions when I go next time.

What good is getting out there and hunting for gold if you can't hang around to enjoy it?

Cheers all and be safe.

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Giving this thread a bump as this is a good conversation with Drywashing weather coming soon.
Talk of VF and dustmasks came up on the "Drywashing Cajon pass", so this is a good one to keep going..

GG's dust pancho sounds like a no brain-er as a "must have".
I almost feel a true respirator might be needed now a days along with the full on hazmat suit.

OK, we're ready to go drywashing......
View attachment 1349159

All joking aside, my health is very important to me as I get older.
I want to be able to get out there into the great outdoors and search for Gold as I approach my golden years.
Breathing is at the top of the list in importance. So I will be taking the extra precautions when I go next time.

What good is getting out there and hunting for gold if you can't hang around to enjoy it?

Cheers all and be safe.

I love the pic of all those guys "bio'd out" in those suits. Could have come strait from an old MTV vid from the early 1980's from the punk group "Devo"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread