Anyone actually getting out there drywashing latley?

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went out drywashing couple days last week, conditions good (weather nice-dirt bone dry). Total of 6 grams for two days of digg'n.....love the Mojave in the cool fall temps.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went out briefly yesterday with my Whippet puffer. High winds here have dried out the soil...and then today it rained a bit.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
I went out last Wednesday with my Thompson Puffer and did ok. I adjust the angle so the dirt moves slower and you have more concentrates but I end up with -100 gold too.

Randy

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Hit it a few times, I have three spots I'm testing -- one gives up lot's of really fine stuff -- one gives up some pickers -- the other has good gold but
is the hardest to work and the farthest drive. Pic's to come later after it rain's.
Wish I could go more often but dam it seem like problems seem to come in threes.
Mike

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been very busy and to wet here in Nevada right now .

OP
OP
G-bone

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got all the stuff I need to restore my Thompson's air system and going to work on it this weekend as it rains (how perfect - rain and drywashing).
Hope to get out soon myself.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been really dry here so I think I'll be out digging with my Whippet puffer in a couple days :)

EDIT:...oops, it rained overnight so I'll have to wait a few days :(

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out drywashing in south central CO on November 1st. Found gold, had fun in t-shirt weather!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Might know......I just renovated my little homemade sampling puffer drywasher (it is the only drywasher that I have currently and it only has a 7X12" operating area) only to have some rain in my prospecting area for the last couple of days. Maybe by next week it will dry enough to do some sampling. It's a PITA to operate due to having to classify the feed to minus 1/4" but still better than bringing home raw dirt to pan out. On a side note...I had forgotten that I even had the puffer and have been lugging backpack loads of mostly unproductive dirt about 1/2 mile or more back to my truck and complaining to myself all the while.:BangHead:

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out again yesterday for about 90 min before sunset at the brewery construction site in my town. They are building on top of a virgin placer deposit. (I know...it hurts me too) The dirt is pretty damp so I have to run it 4-6 times but that's quick even with my puffer. The digging is easy since the heavy equipment already did the hard part and left a pile for me. I was able to run 5 buckets of classified material in 90 minutes. The owner is excited to see what I come up with and offered to reward me with beer for the gold I give him!

Update: I got a couple hundredths of a gram of very fine gold...enough to look pretty in a little souvenir vial for the brewery :)

Last edited:

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I finally got out to my spot yesterday for a couple of hours. It was pretty damp so I ran the dirt four times and still wasn't getting much dust in the air. Still, it was the first time in months and it was good to see some gold. It's been so damned hot here but we're finally getting some relief. Next week, I'll get to my more productive Mojave spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread