opinions on keene 141s drywasher

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Probably the best all around forced vibraststic drywasher available today for one or two guys. I ran Royals for some time which are good but the Keene is just a bit better plus has a removable riffle tray which makes clean-out much easier. I've turned to puffers myself but when I really want to move the dry material, we take my buddy's 140s to the claim and work it like a slave......excellent drywasher.

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Probably the best all around forced vibraststic drywasher available today for one or two guys. I ran Royals for some time which are good but the Keene is just a bit better plus has a removable riffle tray which makes clean-out much easier. I've turned to puffers myself but when I really want to move the dry material, we take my buddy's 140s to the claim and work it like a slave......excellent drywasher.

Thank you. Been reading up on these since this is a little out of my element. Getting out of hardrock per the wife. So this should be fun.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Yep about 15 years ago I was out in New Mexico and I got to use one of these for a weekend and loved it! BUT now Im into dredgeing if my ole body will let me!

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep about 15 years ago I was out in New Mexico and I got to use one of these for a weekend and loved it! BUT now Im into dredgeing if my ole body will let me!

I hear ya on the body. I sound like a bowl of rice crispies getting out of bed in the morning.

I recently gained access to 700 acres of private land that has never been touched. This is a friends property so I don't want to tear it up but I want to cover it quickly, effectively, and efficiently. If there is enough, we'll go from there.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
MM , only in the morning?? It gets me allllll day and night! even when Im standing still my knees / ankles pop. Maybe my body is just telling me im full of it!:laughing7:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
I have to agree. The 141 is an excellent drywasher. I have a 151, but have not used it since the stroke. Loved pushing sand through it. A 141 would have made a better choice due to space in the Ranger, though.

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MM , only in the morning?? It gets me allllll day and night! even when Im standing still my knees / ankles pop. Maybe my body is just telling me im full of it!:laughing7:

Ok, ya got me. I try to ignore it the rest of the day as a way of denying I'm getting old and broken.:tongue3:

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have to agree. The 141 is an excellent drywasher. I have a 151, but have not used it since the stroke. Loved pushing sand through it. A 141 would have made a better choice due to space in the Ranger, though.

I have permission to run my fullsize shortbed wherever I need to. Stepping up to 35's from the 33's on it now. My rear end is locked also so I have 3 outta the 4 wheels driving.

From past researching and testing, there has to be a placer or what's left of one somewhere on my friends property.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you. Been reading up on these since this is a little out of my element. Getting out of hardrock per the wife. So this should be fun.

I can relate to the hard rock scene as several years back I stumbled upon a nice little stringer. It not only had visible free gold but the sulfieds were not so bad either. Man I was really stoked as most every pulverized sample flashed in the pan, i really felt like a miner. Then it just stopped....no mas. A hell of a lot of work got me about an ounce of gold but it was fun and I learned a lot. Looking back I think Harbor Freight was the real financial winner from my hard rock venture. Oh well, back to eating alkali dust.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread