Opinions on Mad Mining Dry washer.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Scoy, Dido on Arizas,s link. Yeah, I,m still impressed with this units performance,..its outstanding!!
In fact, if you get one, Y'all will be one of the first to be back able to do a bit of washing. As this unit can handle wetter material,.. even though it uses less air ,.. which would go agents conventional wisdom.
Now,.. I've started to hotrod mine a bit adding to the counterweight. I started to develop cracks in the hopper, as I didn't back the mounting plate as I should have. Believe I have it resolved now .,And of course,.. Bill of Mad mingling discourage the idea of doing this. But more is better right??
Now,.. I have to ask ,.. have you used or seen your buddy's at work? Also,. Besides the blower,. Y'all will need a battery,.I found a smallish drycell,reconditioned wheelchair one ,.was like $30,. Will last for days of washing
GET IT,. Great machine,.. Blindpig

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would offer $200 cash, and walk away if he doesn't go for it. You can pick up used Keene's for that. Check the tray fabric for wear, as well as the fan counterweight.:skullflag:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I like the folding stand that is compact for hauling! Nice set up! When I had my drywasher , I had a spare screen that had more high count Muslin fabric on it for incase the first one wore though and would end my trip tooo early! mine was a blower type and that seems to be going out of fashion and people are likeing puffers because NO NOISE!

OP
OP
S

scoy

Aug 25, 2014
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the 250 is a fair price. The fabric can be replaced. What exactly should I look for in regards to the counter balance?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
On the counter balance , look under the screen that has the material attached to it and the counter balance should be on the fan under the screen. It may only be a nut & bolt to offset the fans balance to give it that vibration.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread