New type of dry washer -

jack outbush

Oct 19, 2014
Desert in Australia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last year this model evolved , simple to use hand cranked ' turn clockwise 8 times then reverse to empty the lights , reload more dirt & repeat again & again till ready to tip out the final heavies , could be a 100 buckets or just one , will still be the same amount left ~ just a third of a pan of heavies .

The little dog is having a day/dream :laughing7:

jack

Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack, Now that is nice!

I see tines and such to break up the material when going clockwise. I think progressively lower catches to empty the lights when going counter - leaving the heavies right next to the bottom wall. I see how it can fold for transport and I can imagine the rotation axle on the rear. Looks very robust and easy to use. I would love to see a few more shots at different angles and any other written insight. Do you drywash the heavies or just pan it out?

Congratulations on a very creative approach

OP
OP
J

jack outbush

Oct 19, 2014
Desert in Australia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jack, Now that is nice!

I see tines and such to break up the material when going clockwise. I think progressively lower catches to empty the lights when going counter - leaving the heavies right next to the bottom wall. I see how it can fold for transport and I can imagine the rotation axle on the rear. Looks very robust and easy to use. I would love to see a few more shots at different angles and any other written insight. Do you drywash the heavies or just pan it out?

Congratulations on a very creative approach

Thanks Thurman , That model is now redundant ' I wanted a unit that could retain very fine gold & up , needed to be able to process twice as much material twice as fast & be more portable .
2 weeks ago the break through happened :hello2: new design allowed the dry material to be liquefied therefore getting wet performance without the usual 10~15% loss of most dry systems .

Can now reduce 25Lbs of material to less then 1Lb in under a minute , think that's a about 97% .
Final clean up is always just a third of a 12" pan .

I have no patent protection so can't show the design at this stage until I can figure out how to market the thing :icon_scratch:

Having fun
Jack .

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no patent protection so can't show the design at this stage until I can figure out how to market the thing :icon_scratch:

Too late.. Pics are right there..

Besides, "patent protection" doesn't actually protect you.. All a patent does is give you a right, essentially an obligation, to spend a bunch
of money defending your patent. There are no patent police, you don't get to go to the DA.. All the money to defend your patent comes
out of YOUR pocket... And its NOT CHEAP!! And if you win, what do you get? An "award" of the copiers profits.. That's a whole other
world of BS trying to actually get your "award".. And if they don't stop??? More money, and back to court, all the $$$$ coming out
of your pocket.

And a US patent only protects you here.

On another front. There have been metric buttloads of strange and oddball gold getting devices invented and patented over the years.
If I had to guess, whatever you do plan to patent is probably indefensible..

If you are going to throw money, get a trademark.. "The Gold Widget" or some catchy thing..

Make 'em, and sell 'em... I'm not sure how much it is, but you can become a participating vendor here like Gold Hog, and hawk your wares right here..
Kill your copy cats with customer service and quality, and keep 'em coming back with a catchy name and a pretty logo.

Its a niche market, its not huge, and desert products even less so than wet water stuff like THE BAZOOKA GOLD TRAP!!! And they died..

Make some, and sell 'em.. Put a bit of cash in your pocket, not in a lawyers. At the right price I would be interested, its a pretty slick gadget.

Here is a recent thread were patents on a piece of gold getting gear was discussed.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/534917-help-patent-device.html

Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to agree with Bob.

Patents, and in particular outfits that "help" with your patents, are a BIG waste of money. Yes, I know from personal and corporate experience. Smarter to hit the market, if that is your goal, with the most efficient process and materials to make the gadget. That is to say, most efficient for the volume you expect to sell. Expensive tooling, etc. will eat up your profits real quick. The math is simple.

Many on this wonderful forum have been there and done that. Generous folks who would not lead you astray; take advantage of their hard-earned advice. But, of course, you may be one of those guys!

Depending...you might consider letting someone else (appropriate business) build & market the gadgets for you. Take a percent and have all your fun using it out in the sunshine.

In any case, best of luck and regards, Thurman

OP
OP
J

jack outbush

Oct 19, 2014
Desert in Australia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the patent advice & link guys , won't be seeking to get a patent now ! :thumbsup:

Like the idea of sharing the design to someone else to make & sell the item for a fee , being hand cranked they would sell OK in Africa & other remote locations also .
I'd be flat out trying to keep up making them being a one man workshop in central Australia .

Any idea about who to approach in the US ?

jack .

OP
OP
J

jack outbush

Oct 19, 2014
Desert in Australia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd like to see a video of this in operation.

Hi , I'll be going out field testing with the new model next month as it's still to hot at the moment , will do a video then .

Here is a pic of past unit last year , this area had been hit hard over the past 30 years with detectors but was still loaded with fine fold :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread