bchopeful

Jan 26, 2012
Lillooet, British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Proposed Drywashing Area

Hi guys/gals so I am just posting some photos of the area that I would like to drywash this year either using the bellows or puffer, likely Keene models. Its approximately 300 feet or more, above the Fraser river. I took a test sample and found lots of small color. Just wondering what you drywashing folks think of the ground. Any issues that you can see? I still have yet to make a decisions on which model of keene drywasher to get.
IMG_0981.JPG IMG_0988.JPG IMG_0987.JPG

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like some tough digging. Otherwise.:thumbsup:

Good luck.

OP
OP
B

bchopeful

Jan 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aside from the bank issue, its only 87 steps from where I am parked). With no water anywhere close, drywashing is the only means that I can think of to get the gold.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like good dirt!

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All it needs to be is dry and you're in business. Looks like a great spot.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i love my 12volt keene dry washer.and yes it has to be dry.it keeps one person busy.
good luck brad

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a great spot except for the bottom pic where you peed on that rock.
Give any clods a massage with your glove over hopper screen to break them up.
Looks like a spot I'm working.
myspot.jpg
Good luck and keep us posted

OP
OP
B

bchopeful

Jan 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey Bodfiish, you gave me a good laugh. I didn't pee, that is rain lol. The cavity under the huge boulder is nicely protected, but luckily get the wind so things are nice and dry. I ordered up the Keene 12V system. I just can't get over the amount of fine gold in this stuff. I will have to post a picture of the gold on the miller table when I get around to it.

OP
OP
B

bchopeful

Jan 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Okay so I eventually had enough cons from 5 x 3 gallon pails to put on the Miller table. This is what I ended up with. I think a lot of the really small stuff went over the end of the table. Stuff that you can't see with the naked eye. IMG_1017.JPG IMG_1018.JPG

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks promising.:thumbsup: You may be handicapping yourself if you are not now screening small enough to isolate, what you think your are losing, to batches of only like sized material. I use 30, 50, 70, and 100 mesh then I pan it. Works for me and what I am currently finding drywashing is in those ranges.

Good luck.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks promising.:thumbsup: You may be handicapping yourself if you are not now screening small enough to isolate, what you think your are losing, to batches of only like sized material. I use 30, 50, 70, and 100 mesh then I pan it. Works for me and what I am currently finding drywashing is in those ranges.

Good luck.

Exactly this!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread