Drywasher Vendor Recommendation

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm thinking that whoever you order it from will simply place an order with Keene and have them ship it directly to you, that is unless they are a Keene distributor that stocks them in volume. Small vendors don't usually inventory more expensive products except just to display them for local sale then reorder them again when they are sold.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Okay, that was my thoughts. So I ordered the electric one straight from Keene.

You made the right choice but, they are back ordered on their 12volt motors a few weeks (you probably were told this) anyways, the DW212V is a excellent drywasher especially for the fines.

OP
OP
B

bchopeful

Jan 26, 2012
Lillooet, British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spoke to possibly Mark Keene on Friday and he said that my order would be done today or tomorrow. I guess they are doing the Gold Show this weekend. But I didn't think to ask about the motor being back ordered. Hopefully that is still not the case as he didn't mention this to me. Fingers crossed!

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Saw the Keene bros. at the Vegas gold show, man they (and most all of the venders) really sold out this weekend.

OP
OP
B

bchopeful

Jan 26, 2012
Lillooet, British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If they don't ship it out soon, Bill Thompson emailed me back and said that he could mail one up here to Canada. I put my order in on the 13 online..still waiting for it to be shipped. I guess they were busy at the Gold Show. Being such a well known company,I assumed that they had other staff working online orders

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bill Thompson makes a excellent drywasher as I own 4 of his puffers (and 2 of the Keene machines). The only reason I have the Keene 12v puffer is because I picked it up used cheap. With Bill, you always get straight talk as his word is firm as iron and you can count on that. Now for Keene, they make great prospecting equipment BUT are often back ordered for different reasons that they don't (in my experience) always fess up too. One more thing to consider is the price of some fabricated metal products in the US may go up some until these trade issues are worked out. President Trump is calling China out on this unfair trade bs they've been sticking it too us for way too long. By dumping cheap metal into our economy, our own base metal mines and smelters were forced to gradually shut down over the past 20 or so years. Can no longer even extract lead ore from the ground and smelt to create a simple car battery......now were vulnerable. Not knowing how long this may take to shake out, many companies have been "hoarding" aluminum and such causing the price to go up some and worry about supply. I wouldn't wait too long to order that Thompson just in case.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread