Keene 151s Vibrostatic vs. Gold Buddy Super Stallion Drywashers
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Keene 151s Vibrostatic vs. Gold Buddy Super Stallion Drywashers

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2012
    California
    460 times
    Prospecting

Keene 151s Vibrostatic vs. Gold Buddy Super Stallion Drywashers

Hey drywashers out there,
    I am looking to step up my drywashing game this year and would like your opinions. I am looking at either getting a Keene 151s Vibrostatic drywasher with hot air induction or a Gold Buddy Super Stallion drywasher with a Jobe Hurricane blower. The Keene uses a 5hp Briggs 2000cfm with heat induction that would be good on damp material and the Gold Buddy uses a Honda 160cc 450cfm engine. I have owned 2 smaller Gold Buddy's and like the way they operate. I have never owned or used a Keene drywasher before. The Gold Buddy states it is the largest drywasher built in America. The Keene is well known, pumps 4 times the air and heats the air up to 50 degrees. The price is close so it comes down to which of these units performs the best and will hold up over time? Which would you buy?

Thanks!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10294 times
    Prospecting
    Both are good machines. They both run similar amounts of material with a slight edge to the 151. That's assuming you get them set up right and your material is dry.

Either machine will kill a grown man. A single man can't keep it fed and clear the tails. If you don't have friends that love digging get something smaller.

We ran the Stallion with a Honda preheat 5hp from a later 151, not too sure if the 450 cfm will do it.

The Keene will last you many seasons. The Stallion only lasted one for us. We still haven't worn out the 151s.

Heavy Pans
    Last edited by Clay Diggins; May 02, 2018 at 10:56 PM.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10626 times
    Prospecting
    I use to run a 151, its too big for two strong guys to keep up with!

Feb 2006
    1210 times
    Which is why mine sits on a shelf in the shop. I could not keep up with it at my best, and those days are long gone.

If you rarely have help feeding and clearing, perhaps something a bit smaller would be in order.

Time for more coffee.

us
    Jan 2012
    California
    460 times
    Prospecting
    You ask the pros a question and you get a reality check. I'm not getting any younger, perhaps I should step it down 1 notch. The 151s states it can handle over 2yds an hour, if I work it hard for 5 hours, we're talking 10 yards, even half that, 5 yards a day, digging, throwing and clearing I would be down for the count. I appreciate the reality check, perhaps the Keene 140s might be a little more realistic and easier on the old wallet. Nice to have a group of people with experience to bounce questions off. I appreciate it.

Thanks again everyone!

us
    Aug 2012
    SO CAL
    SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, F19 and the Falcon
    1278 times
    Prospecting
    The keene 140s is more than up to the task for two fellas in average shape digging. The 140s also has kept evolving and has become much more efficient catching fine gold. No need for a 151 unless you have several well fed gorillas trained to use a #2 shovel.
    KevinInColorado and BoydBros like this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2988 times
    Prospecting
    I like quiet. Have you considered getting a battery powered puffer? I don't know the dimensions for the one you are looking at but the tray for mine is only 8" wide which I usually operate by myself. One day a friend helped me dig and though I ran more material, it kept us both busy digging and feeding/tending.

Good luck.
    Last edited by arizau; May 04, 2018 at 08:00 PM.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

us
    Oct 2008
    Fort Dick, Ca.
    984 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Arizau and others, is there a battery power drywasher you would recommend? I too am a little smaller scale in ability to locate and feed the larger style equiment.

Thanks,
    Mike

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2988 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by delnorter View Post
    Arizau and others, is there a battery power drywasher you would recommend? I too am a little smaller scale in ability to locate and feed the larger style equiment.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mine is a Whippet which I highly recommend but there is a waiting list and long wait for them. Check this thread out for recommendations and discussion for two others. Bellows Vs 12v Puffer and Static Charge. The wait for one of those should be a much shorter or may even be in inventory at Armadillo or a shop in Norcal.
    Last edited by arizau; May 04, 2018 at 09:22 PM.
    KevinInColorado likes this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10626 times
    Prospecting
    Love my Whippet ijs

us
    Aug 2012
    SO CAL
    1278 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by delnorter View Post

Thanks,
    Mike
    Thompson, Whippet and Keene DW212 . I've got the Thompson and Keene puffer
    Last edited by Hard Prospector; May 06, 2018 at 10:48 PM.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Dry washing / metal detecting

Sep 2013
    Las Vegas
    Whites and cheep bounty hunter
    229 times
    Prospecting
    I had the DW212 and ran me ragged trying to keep up with it , I went back to my trusty , never let me down Thompson, I probably will never let it go . I use a 8 dry trommel to do my classification to 1/4 before the trommel and really works great

ca
    Jan 2012
    Lillooet, British Columbia
    Garrett AT Gold
    35 times
    Prospecting
    Is there much drying action of material with the electric vs the gas blower models?

us
    Aug 2012
    SO CAL
    1278 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by bchopeful View Post
    Is there much drying action of material with the electric vs the gas blower models?
    A gas operated hot air induction blower does a pretty good job drying out slightly damp material. Electric operated bellows puffer forget it as the damp material will "clump up" in the riffle tray. With the puffer, material must be bone dry before ran.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10626 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Prospector View Post
    A gas operated hot air induction blower does a pretty good job drying out slightly damp material. Electric operated bellows puffer forget it as the damp material will "clump up" in the riffle tray. With the puffer, material must be bone dry before ran.
    Nonsense. I can run damp stuff thru my Whippet puffer. I just rerun several times until it gets dry. Works great, catches super small gold.
    arizau and N-Lionberger like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links