Large drywasher..... Question

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
My Keene 151 sits on the shelf in the shop. I could never keep up with it, even at my best, and that was years ago. If it is just you, and sometimes one other person, something smaller will likely be a better choice. If you are a very good digger, and have one or more very good diggers with you, then the 151 or similar sized drywashers might work out.

Time for more coffee.

rockbar

Oct 19, 2015
AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I own and like very much my Royal Manuf. large drywasher. It is a quality, tough unit that runs nicely. Trying to run solo, it's as big a drywasher as I would want as the bottleneck in production is usually having enough material excavated and ready to put into the hopper.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Keene has a removable riffle tray which is nice along with some other features which help catch the fine gold...... can't go wrong with either one though. I recommend getting a hot air induction motor with which ever one you choose.

OP
OP
Relichunter1

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard Prospector....good point on the Keene....I am leaning toward the 151s recovery box because I do like the removable tray..rather than the lift riffle tray design on the Royal. Just seems that the Keene has a slight edge on the Royal..in design and now with the upgrade on the new 151s a better recovery on small gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread