Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By WesP
  • 1 Post By AZADAM
  • 1 Post By highdesertranger
  • 1 Post By bchopeful
  • 2 Post By okbasspro
  • 1 Post By N-Lionberger

Thread: electric Blowers

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Jan 2012
    Lillooet, British Columbia
    Garrett AT Gold
    35 times
    Prospecting

electric Blowers

Hi guys, I have a drywasher on its way. I picked up an echo leaf blower two stroke, but didn;t realize the oil from fuel mixture could cause problems on the riffle board. I was looking at switching to an electric version such as the STIHL BGA 85. Do you guys seeing any issues with that. I am thinking my run time wouold only be 30 minutes between charge times. Thanks in advance for the responses.

us
    Sep 2012
    Fullerton, Ca
    Minelab Extera 705
    30 times
    Metal Detecting
    I think a simpler solution would be a stright 110 volt leaf blower an extension cord and one of those $99 800 watt generators. You could place the generator up wind out of the dust and far enough to keep the noise level tolerable. A two or three gallon gas can would give you a lot of run time. I would think the total investment would be less then $200.

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    5224 times
    Prospecting
    Used my Weed Eater Featherlite leaf blower to run a drywasher
    daily for about 9 days...other then me staying on the gold, I
    never had problem one with it.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

ca
    Jan 2012
    Garrett AT Gold
    35 times
    Prospecting
    Is there really any huge concern with using a 2 stroke and the mixed gas? Or should I really return the echo 2 stroke for a either an electric or 4 stroke engine?

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2487 times
    Prospecting
    I would opt for longer operating time. It may be a non-issue but since you are worried about contamination, maybe you could jury rig the blower air intake or engine exhaust so that they are remote from the unit.
    Last edited by arizau; May 17, 2018 at 02:42 PM.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4233 times
    BC I'd run what you have on hand until you see if there really is a problem. I hate the 2 stroke noise myself BUT I'd put up with it until you dig the $$ for a 4 stroke blower and then change out what you have now!

Jun 2013
    17 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    An electric blower will cause the drywasher to run smoother and more consistent. I really like the idea, but would opt for a generator for the power source .You must have a variable speed blower as well..
    Hard Prospector likes this.

us
    Sep 2008
    so kalifornia
    gmt, falcon md20
    27 times
    Prospecting
    I don't understand how 2 stroke oil will contaminate the riffle box. the air you are blowing over the riffle box has nothing to do with the oil and gas mixture. highdesertranger
    N-Lionberger likes this.

ca
    Jan 2012
    Garrett AT Gold
    35 times
    Prospecting
    Highdesertranger it was something that I read. I am not even sure if its a real big deal. In the end, I bought the Makita 4 Cycle. No mixing of gas required and I gotta say, I love the cruise control switch. It allows you to adjust the throttle at any speed.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

us
    Jan 2012
    Chickasha,Oklahoma
    1168 times
    Prospecting
    Some 2 stroke blowers put exhaust down the air output tube. Just look for where exhaust exits if not in the tube your good to go.
    Clay Diggins and N-Lionberger like this.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/GeologyOK/GetMap

http://www.mylandmatters.org/

"If the Gold dont care neither do I"
    Shawn Pomrenke

4" Proline 2" Jobe combo 2.5" Keene 2.5" subbie Drywasher Spiral Wheel Minelab Detector

Charter Member
    us
    Mine President, XPBC

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    499 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by okbasspro View Post
    Some 2 stroke blowers put exhaust down the air output tube. Just look for where exhaust exits if not in the tube your good to go.
    That is good to know thanks!
    okbasspro likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links