Do any of you do this?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Consider this situation. I dry wash in a location that is a half mile or more from where I park my truck so I am thinking about keeping the weight carried out to a minimum. That is important when you get to be my age.8-) I am thinking about re feeding all of my collected cleanups as my last run of the day and just taking the one tray of concentrates home. My thinking is that doing so should super concentrate what I have much like what some people do which is to pre pan wet process concentrate to eliminate obvious waste material and reduce the volume of concentrates they take home for recovery eg. mostly black sands. I have sampled my washer tails from a couple of outings and have found no gold in them. That leads me to believe that re running cons will yield the same results...virtually no losses. One thing that got me thinking about re running dry washer concentrates to super concentration is that some times the tray bogs down when there is an excess of larger material in the tray. Stony feed is the nature of the beast where I currently dig and 1/8" and larger stones make up a fairly large portion of collected concentrates. I think re running collected concentrates will mostly save the smaller and/or denser material (heavy black sands and gold) and eliminate much of the waste. That conclusion partially from a tip from the builder of my dry washer which was that adding a shovel of fines through the hopper usually encourages the larger, less dense stones to move on out and make the washer active again....and it does.:thumbsup:

So, the question again; "Do any of you do this"?

Last edited:

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I most certainly do this! Especially in an area that I work which has loads of black sand and is a one mile hike uphill to get out. If I do six cleanout for a yard of dirt, I end up with around 30 lbs of cons to carry out. I’ll sacrifice 25¢ worth of gold to make that hike much, much easier. The cleaned out cons can always be run along with fresh pay dirt next time.

AZADAM

Jun 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you can do it. We always save our consentrates throughout the day ( or days), then run them to condense all of it down to one tray full for the most part.

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This photo is from a few days ago. I had about 2.5 gallons of concentrates and ran them through my Whippet five times before hiking out of my spot. I can't imagine I lost much in terms of fine gold, considering what's in the pan, and the mile trek up the hill was cake!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1297.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1297.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 111

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread