tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
so ive used this keene 12volt drywasher for 5 years.today it was getting more sand than gravel in the riffles.i know sand is just little rocks,i could see the gravel going out.it has about 3/8 screen.so to fast,to much angle.or just more sand than gravel today.very little gold today
thanks brad

Likely just more sand/fines than gravel in what you were feeding it compared to your past experiences.

Here is a tip for you. I often run coarse/gravelly feed and when the spaces between the riffles begin to fill with the coarse pieces the throughput slows down so I occasionally add some fines to help clear them. The fines take up the space between and under the larger rocks and create a better seal on the fabric to make the puffing/air action more efficient. Air like water takes the path of least resistance so when there are gaps created by spaces between larger pieces that is where the air goes and so goes the efficiency at the time. The waste rocks rise up then surf on out along with waste fines when there is a good seal on the fabric between all the riffles.:thumbsup:

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
after thinking about it all nite,i only like to shovel to the left,and i set up for that.yesterday the wind was blowing up the riffles so i think i was just recycling the sand until it took over,i will pay more attention to the wind and have it help me next time.
thanks for the reply brad

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread