Dry washer parts?

AlecInLV13

Jun 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I am brand new to this website and gold prospecting also I am a geologist from Humboldt state Univ. Recently I bought a Keene 140 at a yard sale, unfortunately, the middle are, the sluice including the riffles and mat are completely smashed and ruined, he said his kid dropped something on it. Is there anywhere that sells large components to a keene 140? Ty

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
call keene 818 993 0411 there are in chatsworth ca

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard AlecInLV13! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - Here is the Keene Engineering Contact Us Form (Email, Online Orders, Online Question Forum, etc.).

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I am brand new to this website and gold prospecting also I am a geologist from Humboldt state Univ. Recently I bought a Keene 140 at a yard sale, unfortunately, the middle are, the sluice including the riffles and mat are completely smashed and ruined, he said his kid dropped something on it. Is there anywhere that sells large components to a keene 140? Ty

Welcome to T-net :hello:

It's hard for me to imagine that the smashed metal parts, riffles, tray frame, etc. couldn't be straightened out sufficiently enough to allow the unit to operate efficiently, but then I haven't seen the damage.

You may be surprised at what can be done to straighten out mangled metal given enough time and care using the right tools working the smashed areas a little at a time. But then I am speaking from the perspective of a person whom has years of experience working with metals and fabricating mining equipment from junkyard parts.

Go for the Gold
GG~

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
most aluminum only likes to bend once. if you try to reshape it breaks. I would call keene if it's to much then make your own. highdesertranger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions