Hey! Who else is waiting for the desert to dry out?

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
went out to randsburg today.its going to be too wet for awhile.just used my detector,great weather,no gold.found some lug nuts i guess someone had a bad day.
brad

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fishing, dreaming and waiting for the desert to dry out. A desert prospector can only depend on the dry windy Fall!

BTW Mike; whats up with that 3lbs spottie on your avatar? Grouper bait! Or perhaps Mission Bay trophy? Anyways, where are the pics of 40lbs+ yellowtail (on the plug), I know you've got some someplace!

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been spending the time fine tuning and modifying my blower drywasher........

Made a new easy in, easy out, riffle tray from wood, added quick connectors for the hose RV style, made new legs out of conduit so now there is no disassembly required and it folds flat, added a riffle screen over the last few riffles to improve recovery by 10 to 25% (see video below for details), added an adjustable air baffle to the box to better regulate and control air flow, fabricated a better way to connect and disconnect the front legs to the hopper with a slip fit joint that is also height adjustable, installed new fabric and added 180 mesh polyester monofilament silk screen material over it.

Wont be long now, the high desert is just starting to dry out on my claims in northern AZ. :icon_thumright:
In the mean time I've been detecting and hard rocking, Cant wait to get back to drywashin'

Did make one trip south to Quartzsite a few weeks ago to drywash and try out my improvements.
Due to the moist dirt I only ran two 5 gal buckets and had to run them 3 times each to dry the material out. Only got one tiny picker and a few fines for my trouble.

Go for the Gold
GG~

Last edited:

medusa

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're in Gold Basin, AZ and it doesn't look like its drying out anytime soon...sigh...

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So... if it's that wet in the desert right now, does that mean there is going to be another "super bloom" like last year?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it's supposed to start raining again next week. It hit 24° Tuesday night and stayed that way all night. I'm loving my recirc set up and running inside the tent with heat.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to be 70 degrees Saturday and after the high winds the last few days I'm going to try again but I'm taking my detector and recirc sluice in case it's still too wet. No rain in the 10 day forecast up here so fingers crossed.

Worst case, I rake down and detect drywasher tailings on claims that (GSSN) owns, I just joined them last week so not sure how productive that will be.
At least it will be warm and sunny so will enjoy the day no matter what.

GG~

Last edited:

medusa

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had more rain this fall than we usually get in a year, so I imagine the spring bloom will be spectacular!

medusa

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable! Raining again! Several days worth according to the forecast...at this rate, I won't be drywashing until July! Might have to bring material home to sluice instead.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
ive been taking my gmt out,but i much rather going drywashing. iam finding some new places for when it drys out. i also bring some dirt home to pan

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
well now there are telling people over 65 in calif to stay in doors, really?? sorry if this is in the wrong place

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive been taking my gmt out,but i much rather going drywashing. iam finding some new places for when it drys out. i also bring some dirt home to pan

Still waiting for it to dry out .............>:(
wet1.jpg wet2.jpg

GG~

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be out at goler gulch area detecting as soon as it warms up .

Just watch for someone with a mine lamp walking the hills in the middle of the night.

I can not take the daytime heat anymore so I now hunt at night

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
san domingo last friday.

Attachments

• sando (2).jpg
    sando (2).jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 68

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread