Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How hard core are you? : )

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites IDX Pro
    108 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

How hard core are you? : )

So this morning I went to my townhome's communal residential dumpster to throw away my trash. While flinging my bag inside, I notice that on the bottom of the dumpster is maybe +/-$1.53 in change (a few of each-quarters, nickels, dimes, pennies). The bottom of the dumpster is maybe 1/2 full, but this change is in plain sight.

So, how hard core are you? How many of you would jump in and grab that +/-$1.53? : )

I love plucking all kinds of stuff out of bins, off the sidewalk, whatever, but there was no way in hell I was about to dive into that dumpster! : )
    I would rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it ~ Will Rogers

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    472 times
    That depends. were they silver quarters and dimes, war nickels and indian head cents

I might think about it very hard, or hurry back to my apt and get a broom handle and some gum.

us
    Jun 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites IDX Pro
    108 times
    Not sure, probably just regular coin-couldn't see well enough to tell.

Now that's a good idea! Maybe on Monday when they next empty it they'll still be stuck on the bottom and I will try......ick...or maybe not : )
    I would rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it ~ Will Rogers

us
    Supreme Chancellor

Oct 2005
    High Five!
    66 times
    Honestly, it would depend what I was wearing. If I had clean clothes and decent shoes or sandals on probably not. But if I had a regular pair of shoes and regular clothes, I'd hop right in there. I've hopped into too many and had nasty stuff run down my leg. Don't want to ruin a pair of shorts or pants for $1.53.

us
    Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
    1263 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I do apartment Maintenance Get a Grabber It Helps In those Nasty Dumpsters!!! Chug
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    581 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chug And Red View Post
    I do apartment Maintenance Get a Grabber It Helps In those Nasty Dumpsters!!! Chug
    Yup, use your head. Remote Retrieval.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

us
    Anita

Apr 2012
    New Hampshire & Maine
    V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster
    334 times
    Can't dive anymore due to disability.

Yes, I would dive for $1.53 because that might just be the tip of the iceberg! Who knows what else awaits you?

Anita
    "You'll never find your gold on a sandy beach". - Jim Steinman (musician)
    You can bet he never used a metal detector!!!

us
    Jun 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites IDX Pro
    108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AC1955 View Post
    Who knows what else awaits you? Anita
    That's what I'm afraid of! : )
    lastleg likes this.

us
    Feb 2004
    lake mary florida
    Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
    56 times
    I use the remote retrieval method.I have a control-able claw on a long stick and a sticky stick with sticky putty on the end for coins and paper items.
    Millions of dollars of Spanish treasure await those who would dare brave the eye of the hurricane.

us
    Dec 2008
    austin,texas
    Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer
    379 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    There's a story going around on the internet about finding a Iphone or money in a toilet,and they ask"would you reach in & grab it".Personally I would,because I have twins,and when they were little kids I had them puke on me,poop on me and pee on me.So it's kind of hard to gross me out.

us
    Jul 2013
    a, ohio
    A $10 garage sale find.
    203 times
    Yes because curiosity kills this cat every time.

us
    MUD(S.W.A.T)

Apr 2005
    I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
    683 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    To me change laying on top in the open. Is a sign that there could be a change purse or box or even a jar of coins laying in there somewhere too... So yeah, I'm going in !!

Keep @ it and HH !!
    TAG: MUD(S.W.A.T)
    GEAR: Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
    EXPERIENCE: About 9 Years
    E-MAIL: mudswat1979@yahoo.com
    "Where you find Silver, you should find Gold."

us
    Nov 2013
    NW Georgia
    1 times
    Now I have to admit that I would not jump in but try and talk someone else into it. lol I too live in a town home community and have only 1 dumpster and people are not suppose to put anything else but house hold trash inside of it but they do sometimes put thing outside of it such as vacuum cleaners that apparently do not work anymore and when they do I just cut the cord off and strip the wire and when i have enough I take then take it to cash in.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    80 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    That $1.53 would be in my change jar right waiting to be turned in a few days before Christmas.
    ALLEN

us
    Feb 2010
    Formerly NH now East Tennessee
    Garrett GtaX1250
    1799 times
    In Northern NH I'd leave it. My stepson is a cook at one of the restaurants in the White Mountains and one night one of his co-workers went out to the dumpster to throw away some trash. He opened the side door and there was a bear inside... Now they chain the dumpsters shut and use a key when they need to open them.
    Live Free or Die

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors