Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Does anyone else watch Hoarder TV shows and.......

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites IDX Pro
    108 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Does anyone else watch Hoarder TV shows and.......

get terribly upset because of all of the good stuff they are/might be throwing into the dumpsters?!

Ok, so I draw the line at roaches and cat and human waste, but still, you can wash glass, can't you? : )

It's a sickness, folks, a sickness....... : )
    I would rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it ~ Will Rogers

us
    Feb 2011
    Lakeland, Florida
    66 times
    Yep my wife watches that show all the time. And yep the few times I watched it it was obvious those folks had a problem.
    I guess though with the clean up they are more interested in getting the stuff out then in what they could do with it.

I wonder how many treasures went into a dumpster when they do this for real. More then willing to bet though on the shows, there's someone on scene who knows if something is valuable. Question is do they tell the family, or keep it for themselves?

With all the stupid reality shows they have, wonder why they haven't done a Dumpster Divers? Be more interesting to me then some Diva's of Podunk, or Guy's with beards.

p.s. I had an Aunt like that, big time horder. We went through everything, found she was also hording money too, and hiding it among all the trash she was keeping. If we hadn't been looking it would have ended up in the dump.
    Last edited by Dr. Syn; Aug 09, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
    The Scarecrow sees all and tells none.

us
    Jun 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites IDX Pro
    108 times
    Although I realize that they have a sickness, I meant a sickness for those of us who are drooling over all of the stuff that they are throwing away : )

I guess since they have the help of the TV show at that moment, they might not have time ot go through it all and sort out the potential valuables, but you would think that most of these people need money. It just saddens me all that great history that is just going to the dump and eing forever lost. Yeah, I wonder if the hired people cleaning out the house ever go through it later or use different dumpsters for the good vs. ick stuff?

"Diva's of Podunk, or Guy's with beards" funny
    I would rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it ~ Will Rogers

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    I hate the show and the people are gross and should be locked away, especially the ones with kids.
    Keppy likes this.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

us
    Jun 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites IDX Pro
    108 times
    There are some that are beyond hope and need mush more serious help (maybe to include being put away) but others just need some light at the end of their tunnels and help to see it.

And no, I am not a bleeding heart by any means! : )

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    Anyone who would live in the filth that they show on tv is beyond help I think....maybe not, but probably.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

Apr 2006
    Ventura, CA
    LST
    9 times
    I went to an auction for the contents of a hoarder's house a couple of years ago. After they abandoned the place, the vandles got in and trashed it. It was so bad all the other pickers just shook their heads and left. My partner and I got it for $50. After picking through it and taking the things we wanted, 2 pick up loads each, we moved most out to the yard and had a yard sale. netted $950 on sat. and gave the rest to one of the neighbors. We didn't even have to clean it up. Good weekend.

us
    Jun 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites IDX Pro
    108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goldinmypan View Post
    I went to an auction for the contents of a hoarder's house a couple of years ago. After they abandoned the place, the vandles got in and trashed it. It was so bad all the other pickers just shook their heads and left. My partner and I got it for $50. After picking through it and taking the things we wanted, 2 pick up loads each, we moved most out to the yard and had a yard sale. netted $950 on sat. and gave the rest to one of the neighbors. We didn't even have to clean it up. Good weekend.
    Cool beans-see that's what I was looking to hear. In some (most?) cases I'm sure it takes a strong stomach, but I'm also sure that there has to be some properties that it is def worth the effort. Thanks for posting!

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1264 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    I watched a horders show last week ... Were after they got it cleaned out...They had a sale and made ... $9000.00 pretty good ...... but not many like that......
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

us
    Jun 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites IDX Pro
    108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Keppy View Post
    I watched a horders show last week ... Were after they got it cleaned out...They had a sale and made ... $9000.00 pretty good ...... but not many like that......
    Yeah, that sure sounds like a record!

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    1264 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Catobra View Post
    Yeah, that sure sounds like a record!
    Yes it sure surprised me.............

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    580 times
    Couldn't even think of watching it.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

us
    Apr 2012
    Riverside,California
    MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
    640 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I'm watching it right now,unbelievable

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    1264 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kiana7 View Post
    I'm watching it right now,unbelievable
    .... It is hard to under stand how ones live like that...........

NGE
    us
    May 2008
    S.E. Michigan
    Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
    78 times
    metal detecting, fishing, photography
    My wife is trying to be like her mother, but I keep it in check. My wife collects recipes and cookbooks, but never ever makes anything for me from them.....nge
    Exposure to the Son prevents burning

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors