22 Books & 40+ sceems of yarn..

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll never get over the fact that people simply throw away stuff.. even after I asked them to let me know before hand.. I guess they feel its easyer to throw it away instead of call me.. Matter of fact I'm still waiting to hear from a lady who had offered me her uncles rock collection.. (waiting 3 years now)
Anyway.. this find was 22 knitting books and we know how much these type of books go for.. 24.99 - 30.00 etc.. then there is 40+ sceems of yarn ranging from 8.95 - 14.99 a sceem.. after we totaled everything up.. turns out that this person threw away over $1,200 worth of knitting books and supplies (even the needles..)
so if you interested.. I'm asking 1/3 the OEm price as a lot group Pm for details or goto my StoneWhisper face page for images.

bethnbijoux

Nov 26, 2012
Just west of Cowtown!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll never get over the fact that people simply throw away stuff.. even after I asked them to let me know before hand.. I guess they feel its easyer to throw it away instead of call me..

I totally agree with you, StoneWhisper! Every time I go past a big pile of "trash" (reusable stuff people just toss out) I think to myself, "that's what's wrong with this country!!!!"

Anyway, good haul on the yarn and books... if you don't find a buyer locally, they do well on eBay, too!

OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Update:

After posting this on FB and here, I've had a number of knitters contact me.. Over night the yarn was sold.. Still working on finding someone for the book.. this issue is.. the books are heavy (22 of them) and shipping all of the books to someone would eat up our profit.. Dont mean to talk greedy here.. But If I sell the books and have to use all the money just to ship them.. Well you get the picture..

I think the reason these people throw this stuff away is that they

1) Dont see a value of the item
2) Have no clue what it is they are throwing away
3) Don't want to bother with all the paper work that goes into finding a buyer
4) Many items have a taxes credited value and if sold the seller must report said items to the IRS etc.. So its earyer to just throw it away.

northwoods

Feb 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's DFX300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
$275 is excellent. Especially since you didn't have to make an eBay listing or anything...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread