Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice saves! Okay, here's my take and a couple id's -

The copper bowl is collectible. It was made by Charles Koivu of Copper Harbor, Mich.. All of his pieces were handmade. Here is a nice little article about him from 1961. The Owosso Argus-Press - Google News Archive Search

The salt glazed, brown slip "moonshine" jug is collectible. My last one sold for over $50.

I like the little Colonial Knife Co. camping knife. Should fetch $10-$15

The brass "Lions Club International" though not worth much is my favorite piece. I have a collection of Lions Club stuff. I am watching yours on ebay. :icon_thumright:

The glass mouse looks to be a floating candle or aroma therapy type oil lamp. I have seen other animal shaped ones before. Should be able to boil it clean.

The green fish (Antinori wine) bottle is collectible. Values vary but $20 is a good average.

The "melamine" leaf is actually made from coconut shell and is a soap dish.https://www.google.com/search?q=mel...cp.r_qf.&fp=296059e45f79731b&biw=1066&bih=646

What kind of insulator is that? Whitehall-Tatum?

OP
OP
B

bethnbijoux

Nov 26, 2012
Just west of Cowtown!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup ~ thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! ALL of that information is so helpful (and educational) to me! I deeply appreciate you sharing your knowledge and helping me learn!!!

Now... don't kill me... I don't know about the insulator because I have about a hundred of'em that I use as garden decorations and I took that one to the GW since I didn't need another one out there :unhappysmiley:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are insulaters worth anything?
Some have sold for thousands. Usually the colored ones sell pretty well depending on the make,model,color and condition. I have only sold a few online, $50 being the highest. Insulator collecting is a specialized field and there is a big market for the less common ones. Even the commons will sell for a few dollars. If I had a hundred of them in my garden i'd be checking everyone for value.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I guess we (not you) overlooked the best find in the lot. Here is an 1864 copy is very rough shape that sold for $51.00- 1864 SICKELS' Freemason's MASONIC MONITOR Occcult FREEMASONRY Knights Templar

and another in a little better shape that sold at a local auction for $150- http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/8689257
What edition do you have?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bethnbijoux

Nov 26, 2012
Just west of Cowtown!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some have sold for thousands. Usually the colored ones sell pretty well depending on the make,model,color and condition. I have only sold a few online, $50 being the highest. Insulator collecting is a specialized field and there is a big market for the less common ones. Even the commons will sell for a few dollars. If I had a hundred of them in my garden i'd be checking everyone for value.

WHAAAATTTT?!?!? I had no idea! I better get out there and take a second look! Ya never know what folks will buy! LOL!

OP
OP
B

bethnbijoux

Nov 26, 2012
Just west of Cowtown!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess we (not you) overlooked the best find in the lot. Here is an 1864 copy is very rough shape that sold for $51.00- 1864 SICKELS' Freemason's MASONIC MONITOR Occcult FREEMASONRY Knights Templar

and another in a little better shape that sold at a local auction for $150- CIVIL WAR ERA FREEMASON'S MONITOR, 1864 : Lot 272
What edition do you have?

It appears that the publication date for this edition is 1905. As a "guesstimate" I would say the condition is about fair.

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a score, excellent !!:thumbsup:

ROCKateer

Aug 3, 2013
Shawnee, KS.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are insulaters worth anything?[/QUOTE
Absolutely insulators are worth money just check a couple sweet ones out. Anywhere from $1-$200,000+

Attachments

• image-3334764414.jpg
    image-3334764414.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 129
  • image-2358763703.jpg
    image-2358763703.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 124

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, insulators are very collectible and rare ones can be worth a LOT of money. However, the vast majority of them were produced by a company called Hemingray. I am no expert in this field but I always look carefully at insulators when I find them. I have found a few that were not Hemingray. I think there a some varieties of Hemingray insulators that have a decent value but most Hemingrays are too common to be worth much.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That camp knife should bring right around $20 bucks on the low side. You hit a jackpot in those bags.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just another way to make some cash,go through those old magazines and find the old advertisements for cars,food,household items,and then cut them out & frame them,and sell them at garage sales or give them as gifts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread