cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few dumpsters where i live. I once even pulled out two heavy sterling bracelets from one but it was full and they were hidden at the very top so that does not count as diving.

Last night that same dumpster was almost empty and i had to toss a few things. I opened the lid and standing up was a black heavy duty plastic case (the type a big Makita drill would come in) I looked around and no one in site I reached in as far as I could and could barely touch the handle. I was doing something on my car at the time so I went back and I knew I had a metal strap and bent the end into a hook. I kept working on my project till about dusk and the coast was clear I went over and swopped up the case. popped open the catch and opened it up to see nothing. I could see by the indentations it had held several tools. Back in the dump it went.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let this be a learning experience... Not to deter you from doing it anymore but to teach you to be more aggressive and not care what others around you think. Someone may have been quick to grab it while you were waiting around and you could have lost out on something good.

I have a thread I posted a while back which I believe has been moved to this part of the forum... I was looking for a spot to detect and I took a wrong turn... I saw a dumpster FULL of expensive globes and I was on it in less than 30 seconds... I emptied the dumpster into my truck in a matter of minutes and didn't give a hoot who was watching me because they were in the trash... I sold quit a few for decent money and many went to a start-up school.. I did good but had I waited until nobody was around I'm pretty sure I would have lost out and been kicking myself.

Just do it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions