There is a Great Disturbance In The Treasure

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
For years I've been a member of this community, and I have goten a few mails from a verity of TN's official Admins as well as others informing me that I'm doing a greta job and that I could sell items here without being a charter member.. However, I must do so "Privately" which at that time Jeff has told me this also.

As of last night I was told that I can no longer sell items here because I'm not a charter member.. Yet I've sold items here (Privately) for years without issues, Matte rof fact I have several hopefulls on a waiting list for just found items..

Apperantly the Charter members are at odds with one another and do not agree with my tactics.. But as I said.. Jeff of PA informed me that "So that I don't violate any terms of site use, I need to sell items privately" Whis I have done for a number of years.

I fully understand that I may be ruffleing feathers, But as I see it.. not many here can efford to pay for a charter membership and I'm one of them.. So selling items here has allowed me to gain some ground on actually being able to buy a chater membership.. Thou its unclear who's telling me right and who's telling me wrong.. or is there a lack of communication..

Once and for all, Please post within this tread what we as none members can do to sell items without being actual memebrs.. But as stated above.. I was doing what I was supose to.. (according to Jeff)

Next they'll be telling me I can't have a signature redirecting users to my own site, because they fear that I will draw members away...

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Private is OFF the forums. What you do in PMS is your business as long as no one complains. We have never told anyone they could sell even though not a cm. When you post on forum it is private.

Pm me a copy of a pm where we told you you can sell on forum even though not a member.

There is no disagreement between mods on this either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what TH said is Correct.

I remember saying something in the past about what Happens through PM's is between Members,
as long As we get no complaints.

but you can't advertise you have something for sale on the forums without being a charter member.

again what happens behind closed doors and stays there is non of my business.

just remember if that pm deal goes bad, don't complain to us either :thumbsup:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think after being a member for 3 years you would
have read the rules. It is pretty simple.
See a link below for the rules please.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread