Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a different kind,the kind where people fill up the back of their pickup trucks,put the tailgate down,put the truck in reverse and then go forward.We all have seen somebody do this right?
Well this morning at my job,around 7am,I saw a guy do it in the back of my store and later when I took a look back there I found an old Nitendo 64 with 4 discs,about 30 game guides magazines,a Radio Shack Am/Fm radio tuner, with a turntable all in a box with those packing pellets.Around 20 small kids winter coats(I'll donate them), 2 push reel lawnmowers and a cigar box with 10 $2 bills. Of course I don't like trash lying around so i had to pick this stuff up and put it in my car.I've already sold the 2 lawn mowers for $15 each and my son said he knows someone that will buy the Nitendo.I sold the gaming mags .at a book store for $1 each,and put that $30 into my gas tank.:laughing7:
The radio works pretty good,but the AM side doesn't work,and the $2 bills will go into my safe.
So not a bad day of work.

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always admire someone who will selflessly clean up litter.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol this amazes me still after 20 years of diving. What people will throw away. Take it and sell it. But hey money in your pocket.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you happen to get the truck's tag #, he may be a habitual litterbug, and might need someone to clean up after him!:laughing7:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good work. You know how it works here right? Drive the hoopty with 12 people in it to the Goodwill or Salvation drop box. Clean them out then have a yard sale to pay for the beer and cigs that the Lone Star card(food stamps) doesn't. I always heard Austin was a progressive city. Guess it's true...

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work. You know how it works here right? Drive the hoopty with 12 people in it to the Goodwill or Salvation drop box. Clean them out then have a yard sale to pay for the beer and cigs that the Lone Star card(food stamps) doesn't. I always heard Austin was a progressive city. Guess it's true...

Lol yeah I've seen that here. But they end up not selling crap and throw it out because there to impatient to wait for money.

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people generally toss the best stuff around here (i.e. vintage) and keep the dreck (i.e. tupperware...baby toys) for the tag sale...if you see a house for sale sign and a dumpster -get in it(!) - I hardly go to estate sales any more...dumpsters way better
best stuff in trash bags....junk drawer dumped out...all jewelery/coins go to the bottom.......mushy bags bad....ones that rattle/lumpy GOOD

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been hitting a house that their moving out of. Throwing a few good items out so far. A set of technics speakers, a brand new load bearing vest, some gaming computer equipment. Cant wait till this week!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread