My Dumpster Diving Days Are Over

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday I went diving and found a shoe box.. even with latex gloves on I reached in and was almost stuck by a needle.. then there was the time when I went to the car wash and walked past the wash spraying. Breathing the "recycled mist" I became ill.. and have been ill for the last few weeks. Dr say its walking pneumonia..

So take can everyone. and dumpster dive at your own risk..

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Mm, yes, misters such as those are commonly known to cause pneumonia in the form of Legionnaires' disease. You also see infections occurring from hot tubs and misters even at grocery stores for the vegetables. Not many known complications if you start antibiotic therapy early.

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Diving dumpsters is asking to get sick... vacuum dander and dust from an unknown home can make you sick. A lot of bio's live in that crap. My health is worth more than scrap metal.

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
There was a time, a few years ago, that we would find a lot of needles and other bio-hazards in the trash truck we were working on. Not so much any more. I figured it wasn't any worse than diggin in a land fill in the middle of a Texas summer, lookin for a murder weapon. Didn't find the weapon, but found a lot of body parts from the Ft hood hospital.

Best of luck, and stay safe,
Bill

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I never did understand why one would look through dumpsters…… You never know what are in them .And to me to dumpster dive is just asking to get sick….

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread