Diving Almost Off To A Bad Start

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year while yard sale shopping there was a house that had a big dumpster out in front full of stuff. I found some good pieces of wood to use for kindling and my wife found a plug in car coffee mug still in the box. Put it on the Bay a couple weeks ago and sold it for $7.99. Then I get a eBay message saying the item is going to be returned as the lid was not tight enough. Since it was a free pick, I quickly refunded the amount to the buyer and told him to keep or discard the mug. Not going to give up on this type of entertainment because the next time might be something great!

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, here is what I think should happen. As a suggestion, I feel that all those registered with TN should be able to submit items to anyone that has an ebay account to help said members sell their items ata seller percentage of course.. Seeing how I don't have an ebay account.. Just wondering if TN or any TN members would be willing to look into this further. it would sort of like a group buy.. but a group sell..Follow?

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
Are you looking for someone to sell your items for you on eBay? EBay used to have a trading assistant program where you could find people in your area to do that for you. You can always look in your area through different means to see if you can find an eBay reseller or takes consignments. I think that it might be harder to do it long distance. For example if I was selling items for someone, I am going to want it in my possession to both make sure the item is as described (since it is my rep on the line) and to make sure that it is shipped properly.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, here is what I think should happen. As a suggestion, I feel that all those registered with TN should be able to submit items to anyone that has an ebay account to help said members sell their items ata seller percentage of course.. Seeing how I don't have an ebay account.. Just wondering if TN or any TN members would be willing to look into this further. it would sort of like a group buy.. but a group sell..Follow?

why don't you just give it a try, that is how I started on ebay. sned me a personal message with your email and i will send you a couple of my ebooks on ebay selling.

that offer goes for anyone reading this. I know that this message will be here forever so this offer is only good till the end of this year 2014.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
why don't you just give it a try, that is how I started on ebay. sned me a personal message with your email and i will send you a couple of my ebooks on ebay selling.

that offer goes for anyone reading this. I know that this message will be here forever so this offer is only good till the end of this year 2014.
Always great to read your posts and all the information you have CyberDan :)
Wicka

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Again.. bay.. isn't my style.. and we don't like the idea of link our bank account to anything like bay or pay-pal.. I've already been taken once and have several friends that have also.. I'm just looking to go in with someone that's already established and willing to have a cut.
Percentages etc would be discussed in private.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stonewhisperer, You cna get a greendot mc/visa at any grocery store they charge like 5 bucks plus what you want to load on it. It will be in the gift card section. Once you activate online they send you your permanent card. With it you will recieve a check like item with your account and routing number on it for having direct deposits sent to your account. Use the card to enroll in ebay and the account number and routing number to enroll in paypal viola nothing tracks to your checking acount and the only money at risk is the money on the card. When you get paid for selling on ebay via paypal it takes a while to get your money the first time but works well and I would recommend everyone use this. CAUTION READ ALL OF EBAYS FEE CHARGES AS I WAS A LITTLE PISSED WHEN I WAS CHARGED FOR LISTING THEN FOR A PERCENTAGE OF SALE as I did not read the whole info before listing my bad. ASK OTHER PEOPLE BUT I THINK IT COMES OUT TO LIKE 10% FEE PLUS SHIPPING TO SELL. I was impressed with the discount on postage and tracking capability you get with ebay/paypal. I am glad huge corporations get a discount for a quasi goverment service.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Stonewhisperer, You cna get a greendot mc/visa at any grocery store they charge like 5 bucks plus what you want to load on it. It will be in the gift card section. Once you activate online they send you your permanent card. With it you will recieve a check like item with your account and routing number on it for having direct deposits sent to your account. Use the card to enroll in ebay and the account number and routing number to enroll in paypal viola nothing tracks to your checking acount and the only money at risk is the money on the card. When you get paid for selling on ebay via paypal it takes a while to get your money the first time but works well and I would recommend everyone use this. CAUTION READ ALL OF EBAYS FEE CHARGES AS I WAS A LITTLE PISSED WHEN I WAS CHARGED FOR LISTING THEN FOR A PERCENTAGE OF SALE as I did not read the whole info before listing my bad. ASK OTHER PEOPLE BUT I THINK IT COMES OUT TO LIKE 10% FEE PLUS SHIPPING TO SELL. I was impressed with the discount on postage and tracking capability you get with ebay/paypal. I am glad huge corporations get a discount for a quasi goverment service.

1. Did you think a business was going to offer their services for free?
2. What do you mean "I am glad huge corporations get a discount for a quasi goverment service"? Ebay doesnt get the discount, you do. It must have been some sort of deal that was worked out as a partnership with USPS and ebay.
3. Your advice on the greendot card is bad advice. You really think this card is safer than a normal checking account? What if the card gets lost or stolen? It is basically like losing an envelope of cash. If you are afraid of using a checking account, just sign up for an additional checking account that you only use with paypal. Same scenario as your greendot example only safer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread