Always check the pockets!

WINTERBEAR

Sep 20, 2012
eastern Wa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I havn't had much time to post my finds from this end of semester/graduation from my local college I will try to post a few highlights in the next couple days. Anyway last night as I was sorting/highgrading name brand clothes out of 2 packed suitcases I grabbed I heard coins rattle in a coat pocket and found 3 $1 us couns. So cool right? Well I proceeded to check every pocked much more closely and ended up with $13.25 US, 65 Yuan, and $75 canadian!! My credit union gave me a great exchange rate on the CDN dollars = US 66.91 havn't tried the yuan yet but basically $80 + before I even think about the clothes I will take in to sell at Platos closett or ebay.
Chris money.jpg

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go on the find and the graduation.

Great country you are in. I spent many a year in Republic, gold country. Even had a mine shaft run under my property.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a old style suit case next to a dumpster last week,it had allot of doll clothes in it and inside the fabric of the suit case
was $100 worth of $1,and $5 bills,all from the 1970's.I sold the doll clothes to a friends mother for $100.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice to check pockets.

My cousin helped his parents clean out a house after a recluse Uncle died, and had quite a surprise.

One bedroom they opened up had a huge pile of dirty bib-overalls in it. They started gathering them up, and some cash fell out of a pocket. Turned out to be a couple hundred, so they checked, and every pair of bibs had cash in them.

He was retired merchant marine, with a monthly or bi-weekly check, they figured that he didn't do any laundry, just bought new bibs every payday, and tossed the old ones in the room, with what ever cash he had left from the month before in the pockets.

It was over $60,000.

My cousin always felt bad for him, because he was grubby, and never seemed to have much money.

I think this kind of thing goes on more than you might think.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
It goes on all the time, for sure. I handled a woman's estate when she died since the relatives were out of town. Lived in a one room wooden shack, would repeatedly have the water and electricity cut off. She was poor, wore rags, and of course, sometimes was crazy as hell. I found over $30,000 in uncashed Social Security checks in the house after her death. Oh, she also utilized the Julian calendar, go figure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread