Todays Find: Rods N Reels

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's Find: Rods N Reels

So as many of you may know, I've had to sort of limit my dumpster diving because of back issues among other things.. Yet is there is something just on the surface and I can get to it.. One would not pass up the chance.. Thus I've ended up with 5 rods and 5 reels this morning..
large.jpg

The rods are a bit worn but still in great shape.. nothing is broken and if one needs a bit more details of what I have.. One knows what to do after reading this post..

Last edited:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey StoneWhisper!! WOW!! Really Nice Diving!! You did well!! CONGRATS!! My son went to the Naval Academy in Annapolis!! Pretty Country and the YARD is Quite impressive!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bad messed up back as well. This is what I use. Sure makes it easier. I can pick up tiny items I see with it as well as grab ahold and move really big stuff. They come in different lengths. I think its the ultimate dumpster tool.
1.0x0.jpg

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bad messed up back as well. This is what I use. I think its the ultimate dumpster tool.

When stone mentioned his back I thought something like this might come in handy. What would be even better I have a three inch long super bright LED flash light that could be mounted just below the rivets on those guys.

OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's an Update:

I did some cleaning on the rods and reels.. and did some searching online.. the reels are generally about $30.00 each except for one which was only about $3.00. Now the rods where a different story.. again 4 of the 5 rods were about $20.00 - $30.00 each.. except one..

I've been doing some searching for the "Berkley Torque" which is actually brand new.. yet has been discontinued thus driving up the price. Well after searching site after site, I kept getting prices ranging from $300.00 - $450.00 So I need some sort of verification from any fishing expert on this.. because I actually have someone interested in this rod.. and I just want to get about 1/3 the actual price for it.. would this be acceptable?

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the rod a spinning rod, or do you know? If it is spinning, it should have bigger eyes than a normal one at least closer to the handle. Personally, if he is offering 1/3 of $300-$450, I would take it. Rods are hard to ship and there is a good chance of getting it messed up. If he looks at it and agrees that he wants to pay that, I would sell it to him. Good luck!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 of the reels in the top picture are spinning or open face rods. The one on the bottom left is a bait caster. A spinning rod fits one of the 4 reels onto it, not the bait caster. If you could upload a picture, then I could probably tell you. Of course, your buyer should be able to tell also.

OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Welp here is how my day went.. I met with several interested parties.. and sold everything but the one rod I was hoping to get big bucks for.. When I asked them why they are not interested in buying the Berkley Torque rod.. they said they couldn't afford my $100.00 asking price, But I did suggest that they make an offer seeing how I did find it in the trash.. but no one did.. So now I'm left with a Berkley Torque fishing rod.. Not mint condition.. but in fair shape.. I did hear suggestions to take it to the pawn shop.. and may resort to doing this as a last resort.
Thanks for the input Bassmaster.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, well glad you sold that one. You may print off the paper that shows the $450 price and then take that and the rod to the pawn shop. You'll eventually sell it. Good luck! If you need anymore help, just let me know.

OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
As I said.. most who I showed the rod to agree its is the real deal.. yet they aren't willing to pay my 1/3 asking price and I know the pawn shop owner and we could actually swap out this rod for my wedding ring which has been in the shop for several months.. well speak with them later this month.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread