Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't normally D-Dive

I peek in dumpsters every now and then but normally do not pull things out. Probably because all I ever see is old food and used diapers.

But where i live I took out my trash and right on top was a big box. I shook it and I could tell something was inside, but it was taped closed on top and bottom. I live here so I didn't want to be seen digging through my neighbors trash. It was dark so I went back to my apartment. It bothered me, why would someone tape a box closed just to dump it?

Well I was up early sunday morning and made a special trip to take out trash and I brought along some box cutters. I quickly slit open the box and saw something big wrapped in bubble wrap. I had to tear open the bubblewrap and to my surprise I saw.......................

old used plastic wheel covers. ;(

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You never know unless you check it out!

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
The oldest son lives in the Phoenix area (Tempe, Mesa, Scottsdale...) and moves frequently just to find a better place, but in his exploits hits the dumpsters when the College season ends....
Kids tend to throw away a heap of stuff that mom and dad bought them for their rooms, and in once case he found a gallon jug full of coins.... came real close to $200. when he cashed it all in...
That and when they evict someone...
At 40 he still checks them out :)

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a contract with several realtors in the area, I clean up the things left when someone is evicted and try to overstay. I have come across coin collections, basketball and baseball card collections, comic book collections, etc. I keep them all. Am I a hoarder? my wife says so but I do sell some off now and then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread