... slice open the bottom liner on the couches.. And roll em..

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
change, pocket knives and jewelry. Both in couches and recliners.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do foreclosures and I found a nice pocketknife in one, lots of change, many birthday cards with $20 bills unopened and many gift cards best one was a $451 Apple card.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best couch find I ever had.... Got a nice antique couch at an estate sale once, heard something rattling around in it when I got it home and found a nice antique Iver Johnson .32 revolver inside! I have checked old furniture ever since!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
always look under the cushion on beside the road couches and if old dressers are thrown out with the drawers still in em -- open the drawers take em out and look at the undersides --in the old days many folks often taped envelopes with cash under the dresser drawers

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old dressers are thrown out with the drawers still in em -- open the drawers take em out and look at the undersides --in the old days many folks often taped envelopes with cash under the dresser drawers
that is what I do at yard sales. If a dresser is for sale or wood desk is for sale I will pull out a few drawers and pretend to inspect the quality at the same time my hand is running across the bottom of the drawer for a taped envelope.

Also, at real estate sales (g-ma or g-pa just passed) I check out a few pockets in hanging coats in the closet. Never found anything yet, don't know what I would do if I found something. ;)

there have been a few yardsales where I see money in the bottom of a box, I tell the owner.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is what I do at yard sales. If a dresser is for sale or wood desk is for sale I will pull out a few drawers and pretend to inspect the quality at the same time my hand is running across the bottom of the drawer for a taped envelope.

Also, at real estate sales (g-ma or g-pa just passed) I check out a few pockets in hanging coats in the closet. Never found anything yet, don't know what I would do if I found something. ;)

there have been a few yardsales where I see money in the bottom of a box, I tell the owner.

A few years ago a lady at church passed, she had no family left so my father took care of her estate. While cleaning out her clothes from the closet they pulled an old coat that was too heavy for what it was. Mom ripped open the liner and there was lots of hundreds that fell out.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my wife (who is a music teacher / church organist) had our local priest that had box full of old sheet music that belonged to his mom that passed away , so he told us we could have what was in the box -- when we got home along with the sheet music was a small brown paper bag --in the bag was a butt load of gold and diamond jewelry * we of course had to return it being we were sure he did not know it was in there...

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just recently found a $70 Fenix flashlight in a recliner. Also in a couch we were getting rid of, I cut the bottom to check before trashing it and found one of our cordless phones that had been missing for 6 months.

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I bought my old house it was an estate deal, I told the daughter to leave everything and I would take care of all of it. There was a couch in the house that was near new from the early 60's. She kept telling me that no kid ever sat on it because it was not allowed. Well when I needed room one day I flipped it up and cut the back out of it to reveal a 14k gold ring! Glad I didn't burn it without checking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread