New home construction dumpsters

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In our neighborhood they have been building houses for the last year. So every other day I walk around the neighborhood to see what's in the dumpsters. You should see the look from the people when you're going in them to get stuff out of them. I look like the creepy guy in town! I have not found anything too spectacular. A lot of copper wire I have to take to the scrapyard though. Then a set of dishes that were not broken we donated to a family that did not have very much. Then a box full of baseball cards and bobble heads.. The cards were junk but I sold one of the bobble heads for $20. Have 4 left.
Some kids toys that were going to sell at a yard sale we're having next week. And a whole bunch a really nice comforters that we washed and we're going to try to sell them as well to. Even if we only get a couple dollars for each one but whatever it was free!

Not to mention there is a lot of firewood sitting by my house now two by fours that are not treated

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was working on new construction in Georgia, we tossed unbelievable amounts of good usable building materials, I took as much as I could, but I only had just so much room to store it. I got a brand new dishwasher once because it had a cracked face plate. I still check them all the time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread