My first dumpster dive

Aug 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I'm a younger treasure hunter and I have recently got a new hobby, dumpster diving. I live at an apartment complex so you can find some pretty good stuff whenever someone moves. Usually the only things in the dumpsters are trash bags and large broken furniture but sometimes I get lucky. My first haul contained the following items:
Titanic part one and two for VHS, The Simpson's complete first season disc, Ghostbusters 2, A million ways to die in the west, 8 empty x box 360 game cases, (a couple of them had manuals and one had a free 2 week gold trial.a new baseball, a sealed emergency poncho because why not, a mouse pad (I really needed one so that was nice.) and one of those hand clapper toys. I like this hobby. Even though you need to take a shower afterwards it still is a great way to recycle and save money while doing so.

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like most of it belonged in the trash....

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now the addiction begins. Welcome to the forum and have a blast on this journey!

S

stefen

You're first lesson...Always wash your hands when you're finished, and don't bite your finger nails...

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start to your treasure hunting..........
Now to find outlets for the items you want to turn into cash.........pawn shops, sports memorabilia shops, jewelers, antique dealers.......all good places to start.......get to know the owners and what it is they have an interest in having on their shelves. Just be sure you KNOW what you have before you let it go!!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome NEWBIE you will have a whole new chapter in your life to explore weekly.....I make some good money from it.....and with experience you will too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions