Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be very careful and don't dig out any guns or bloody clothes. No Really, I think you will have fun but I would definitely suggest a buddy or maybe two. Don't go out late as you will be mistaken for doing other things. Respect others property and if asked to leave do so with apologies. Welcome to the forum. Good Luck and happy hunting

Wally Taylor

Jan 3, 2017
Western New York
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, White's Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Be sure to knock before diving in. Some of them are homes to the less fortunate.

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use a pair of work gloves and remember to leave the dumpster as clean as you found it.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! So ive recently been getting into dumpster diving ( well, watching videos) and I really want to go, but I need advice and tips. I live in SOCAL. West Los Angeles. I also need a buddy, as I am a female and wouldnt go alone at night, plus its more fun with two ppl! Looking for stuff to ultimately resell:)

Even if you were not a female I would recommend a buddy. West LA is pretty big. Every city probably has different rules for diving. I am from the OC and have not heard of any out here but I have only peeked in a few dumpsters (once found two Italian silver bracelets) I just moved way up north and drove down the back road behind a fair sized mall and every visible dumpster is padlocked. But this town is a magnet for the homeless, who probably made a mess when they dug.

Only drawback with two diggers is you have to split the goods.

Getoutdigin

Jan 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! So ive recently been getting into dumpster diving ( well, watching videos) and I really want to go, but I need advice and tips. I live in SOCAL. West Los Angeles. I also need a buddy, as I am a female and wouldnt go alone at night, plus its more fun with two ppl! Looking for stuff to ultimately resell:)
Lilrascal006, Just started diving myself. Was advised by a friend that has been diving for 40+ years, to wear gloves, coveralls and wear a head mounted flashlight. Beware of gates that swing in the wind, they can be deadly. If you need a step in the dumpster you'll need a step out, don't get trapped in a dumpster. Getoutdigin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread