Best Dumpster find

Getter

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 3 years ago, I checked the car wash Dumpster, it was about 8 pm, i'm looking and I feel a Walmart bag with weight, I look inside and find 3 papersacks like a single beer goes in, I look in the first one a big stack of bills a hundred on top.

You guessed it, I got up outta there! I said to myself, there has to be 3 to 5 grand here. I got home and told my wife"look in the bag" who did you rob, she asked? No one.

Grand total was 2,867$ cash money, top find to date!

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Wow! I found a mercury dime and a v nickel in a dumpster once. Well, I found one of those oval plastic coin holders and in it were the coins.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_o.gif

OP
OP
Getter

Getter

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Wow! I found a mercury dime and a v nickel in a dumpster once. Well, I found one of those oval plastic coin holders and in it were the coins.

I look in a lot of dumpsters, I had been looking in that one for years, sadly I no longer can as some idiot went in the dumpster and scattered trash and ticked off the owner who put a lock around the encloseure. I could jump the wall but I don't like jail this time of year!

OP
OP
Getter

Getter

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Out here that could be drug deposit money !

I figured it dope or gambling $. I found it about 8 pm. The car wash guy empties the cans into the dumpster in the morning and afternoon, so the $ was likely sitting there several hours.

I could write several threads about things I found there over the years, gold jewelry on 3 occasions, for example. When he emptied the vacuum cleaner muck into the dumpster about once a month, there generally about 25 to 50$ change in it.

rer613

Greenie
Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found quite a few things in dumpsters and sold most on eBay, I will not say what the best item was but sold it for a LOT on eBay, second best was a bag of 770 silver quarters, sold most and kept some. still finding things, wife says it must go but she keeps the jewelry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread