I Found A Locked Safe, and Have No Idea How To Get Inside of It! - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: I Found A Locked Safe, and Have No Idea How To Get Inside of It!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    the BOSS

Aug 2017
    southwest
    dowsing rods
    134 times
    Prospecting
    These fire safes are designed to melt around the edge when exposed to high heat. They are not designed to prevent picking. If all else fails you should be able to pry right at the lock and pop it open. You will probably ruin the safe but as a last resort keep it in mind.
    Jebus and Nitric like this.

us
    Mar 2015
    Whites Coin Master, Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 A-52s 2186 Wheaties
    2222 times
    prospecting, metal detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    Try a high quality cold chisel and 5 to 8 pound hammer and chisel the hinge bracket off the door and the frame of the safe. Once done, the door will hopefully pry open from the hinge side.

Frank
    I have a Sentry safe the pins go into the hinge side of the frame too.

us
    Sep 2017
    Southwest US
    BH Time Ranger
    290 times
    Prospecting, Treasure hunter, Metel detecting
    I opened a safe like that by drilling the Hinge pins caps off then pried from
    the hinge side. It was left behind in an Apt., the guy was a Pro Gambler.

The guy I opened it for sold it broken to the landscaper. LOL

It had Herbs in and NOT the cooking kind!
    Chile Colorado
    4-5lbs Choice Boneless Chuck Roast -(Trim Fat) Cut into 2 inch cubes
    6 Cloves of Garlic
    1 x 16 ounce can of Chile Colorado sauce (sold as Enchilada sauce)
    Salt
    Pepper

Crock Pot- Cook on High 1 hour ( stir every 2 hours)
    Proceed on Low for 5 hours or until Fork Tender
    (Mix 3 - 4 tablespoons of Cornstarch with cold water)
    Add Cornstarch to Crock pot to thicken

Sever with rice , with side of beans and tortillas
    Serves 6-10 (Freeze left overs in container(s) )

Jan 2016
    239 times
    Dumpster Diving
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessive View Post
    .... but does it sound like there is anything in the safe? I watched the video and agree, even if it sounds empty Id still need to know.

so, just a thought, ever see the trick where people were opening bike locks with the casing from a bic pen? Might as well give it a try.
    I have not tried that, so definitely something I might try! It does sound empty, but the story I read about the guy selling what he thought was an empty safe for $100 that had $26,000 in it, makes it impossible lol I have to know now!
    Nitric likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    7708 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I picked up a safe just like that. We drove a Crowbar into the opening side with a sledge and just pried it open. Took less than 5 minutes. The safe sounded empty but there was an envelope with over $600 bucks in it. Cha ching! Must open it before you let it go. Was quite the surprise for us and the guys got a little bonus at the end of the day.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

us
    Mar 2009
    367 times
    Small thermonuclear device. 3-5 kiloton range. Don't do it in your garage, though.
    trdking, Nitric, clv and 3 others like this.

Jan 2016
    239 times
    Dumpster Diving
    Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    I picked up a safe just like that. We drove a Crowbar into the opening side with a sledge and just pried it open. Took less than 5 minutes. The safe sounded empty but there was an envelope with over $600 bucks in it. Cha ching! Must open it before you let it go. Was quite the surprise for us and the guys got a little bonus at the end of the day.
    And those are the kind of stories that make me have to know whats in there!
    GB1, trdking and Nitric like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    7708 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSowBreath View Post
    Small thermonuclear device. 3-5 kiloton range. Don't do it in your garage, though.
    Or your neighborhood or the one next to yours
    GB1 likes this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    6193 times
    Deleted post...

Added.....Nevermind...I was reading through fast and misunderstood.....

Beat the lock off....Stick a punch in the remaining hole or something and drive the rest of the lock out that is on the inside....
    Just throwing out random ideas! It would have been driving me insane by now! Get tough with it if you haven't gotten in yet! I wouldn't be able to sleep until I was in that thing!

Or....get the drill and camera out(the kind on the flexy shaft) and unlock it by using the dial and camera...I saw it in a movie?

Long story short.....We had a gun safe we didn't want ruined, we cut the bottom open, pulled the shelves out, I crawled up in side, removed the pad on the door, took the lock apart, and opened it. redid the combo. welded a plate on the bottom, and I'm still using it today. Everyone wants to go in the door, on even the better safes the bottom or back is easier. Especially, if you want to save it. Your past that, just throwing it in here incase you run into one you want to keep.
    Last edited by Nitric; Oct 10, 2017 at 08:20 PM.
    trdking likes this.

Jan 2016
    568 times
    I have used a Milwaukee cutoff grinder with metal cutting blades, get the thin ones, the cutters, not the grinder. Start with a small square, so you can look inside without all of the effort.
    Last edited by seekerGH; Oct 10, 2017 at 08:48 PM.
    the first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest...

us
    Jan 2010
    DFW Texas
    Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
    2350 times
    Quote Originally Posted by seekerGH View Post
    I have used a Milwaukee cutoff grinder with metal cutting blades, get the thin ones, the cutters, not the grinder. Start with a small square, so you can look inside without all of the effort.
    Yep, this is the way I'd go. A few rips with my Makita, and done.
    Nitric and Chug And Red like this.

clv
    us
    Dec 2012
    santee, ca
    Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Minelab Eureka gold, Tesoro Compadre, and TRX Pin Pointer Have owned; White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro, fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, fisher 1235x, Garret Master Hunter V
    1076 times
    I guess your still trying to get this puppy open? If you don't mind destroying the safe a hand full small cutoff wheels from harbor freight and the air grinder will do the job.

Or just drill a 1/4" hole on the face next to the dial at the 2 o'clock position. so you can see where the gates line up. Them fill the hole with JB weld, the same thing works on master locks (but drill from the back side), but for them I prefer the rubber hammer and and rope to keep it under tension during the strike to open them (at this point you need do do a little math to get the master lock combo).
    Nitric likes this.
    Don' ask, Don't tell, just DIG!

us
    Jun 2008
    Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
    Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
    268 times
    Metal Detecting
    take it to a lock smith
    and have it opened

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2640 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Big magnets work on some also Chug
    Jebus likes this.
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2640 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Drop it out the 2nd story window now try a wedge and a 10 lb sledge hammer

Just open it soon
    Nitric likes this.
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links