I Found A Locked Safe, and Have No Idea How To Get Inside of It!

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whew!!!! I'm actually glad to see it was empty. Well, not glad; I wish you had got a bunch of money. But I AM glad to see it didn't contain a 1,000 year old Chinese Ming dynasty vase! Think about that before you (everybody) use brute force. And, if it had contained $1,00,000 a torch would have been a bad idea.
a
Plan head.

OP
OP
J

Jebus

Jan 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Whew!!!! I'm actually glad to see it was empty. Well, not glad; I wish you had got a bunch of money. But I AM glad to see it didn't contain a 1,000 year old Chinese Ming dynasty vase! Think about that before you (everybody) use brute force. And, if it had contained $1,00,000 a torch would have been a bad idea.
a
Plan head.

I could shake it and tell there was nothing sold in there. lol If there was anything, it would have had to be pretty small, or light like money.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked like fun. Glad you finally solved this mystery. Now on to the next one.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Next time try the Wedge Will Save Some Pounding Thanks for the Video to bad its Empty Better luck on the Next One Chug

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well THAT SUCKED! but at least I know now lol

Just gotta get mean with it!:laughing7: See how easy that was! :laughing7: Now Imagine swinging that hammer every other day at work for hours at a time!:laughing7:

Also shows how "safe" some of the safes aren't! They are just fire safes. and to keep kids out.

Last edited:

jodan3399

Jan 1, 2013
Brownsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
White's Classic III, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I picked up a locked sentry safe a couple weeks back at the curb for scrap. Took me about 5 minutes and a nail file to jiggle the lock. Look up on how to use a bump key for any future finds.

I wouldn't trust one of these with a typical kid over the age of 12. But in a pinch they're great for younger kids, and nosey older relatives.

Nothing inside but the manual and some old papers.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was fun, a real Schrödinger's cat treasure:occasion14:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a locked sentry safe a couple weeks back at the curb for scrap. Took me about 5 minutes and a nail file to jiggle the lock. Look up on how to use a bump key for any future finds.

I wouldn't trust one of these with a typical kid over the age of 12. But in a pinch they're great for younger kids, and nosey older relatives.

Nothing inside but the manual and some old papers.

Kind of scary how some of that works! If there's a will there's a way. Nothing is really secure, just slows people down some. :laughing7:

I love how people think of the "Door". Expensive locks, heavy door, etc.... But don't realize the side of a lot of houses are plastic, some foam, and drywall. :laughing7: Same thing with most safes, the door is the hardest part. That's what you consider when buying a safe. The whole thing and it's construction, not just the door.

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad used to say that locks keep the honest people out

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad used to say that locks keep the honest people out

I worked for a guy at night that had an interesting past....When we were sitting around bored He showed me stuff that changed my view of locks. They are just mechanical. Scary actually....But things have come a long way.

The older cars... all they needed was the VIN number. There was a book that told you how to cut the key.Basically... At one time they could walk up to certain cars, read the vin, come back later with a key. I don't think that is as easy now. This was early 90's. He was repo at one time, among other things..:laughing7: There isn't a lock I can't open in this house, without damage, with 2 modified tools. I had a good "pick gun" "snap gun" but it never really worked for me.

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Bump key works really well on Kwickset and weiser I have Medeco locks on my casa. Expensive but unpick able and cannot be drilled. You can not get a duplicate from just any locksmith and you need to have the code before anyone will cut it. It is about the best you can do within reason. Now there are the windows :(

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't forget, these Fire safes are not meant to be burglar proof. They are to protect important papers from fire. When heat hits them the edges around the door melt closed to keep heat out. Your regular safe might not do that so if you want both fire proof and burglar proof stick your fire safe inside your burglar proof safe.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lock picking is a useful and easy to learn skill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread