billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was standing on the cold October driveway of a morning garage sale as the owner and her neighbor talked. You can learn a lot sometimes just by listening in to the owner's conversation between them and their family or friends. They both agreed that garage sales were a lot of work and the pricing and organizing were the two hardest parts. The owner said while she was sorting things from the master bedroom closet, she took one of the city's garbage bags and put some dry cleaning in it, and all her Cashmere sweaters to go to the dry cleaners. Loaded with garage sale items, she made a trip out to the garage, stopping in the utility room where she laid the filled garbage bag on top of the clothes dryer.

Later the next morning she missed the garbage bag filled will over half a dozen sweaters and silk blouses. When her husband came home from work she said she asked him if he saw the puffy black plastic bag. His reply, she said, went like this:

"You mean that bag of garbage on top of the dryer this morning???? I thought it was to be thrown away.... So, I grabbed it and put it on top of the rolling garbage tub when I rolled it to the bottom of the driveway for today's garbage pickup as I left for work...."

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove past that Jewelry store in Arcata 2 days ago. The closest airport to us is 1.5 hours south. Picked up our daughter for a visit with us for the week. Got to make that 3 hour round trip on saturday ;(

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some cool stuff this last weekend Ill post once I go through it all . Thanks to all your cool posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread