billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a health issue rear it's ugly head this past year, so selling our garage sale inventory at our own garage sale didn't happen.

With winter coming, we rented a storage bay to store all our "treasures" and while dumping some dust, dirt, and screws left on the bay's floor into the facilities dumpster, I found "good stuff".....:tongue3:

The dumpster was filled to the top with large collapsed cardboard boxes. As I looked for a space to toss a garbage bag of the clean-out dirt, I found a Mongoose bicycle lying flatways in between the top layers of cardboard! It has "IBOC" on the aluminum frame and "Strike" on the suspension front forks. It has 21 speeds! The tires were still holding air! Any ideas as to date or value would be appreciated.

Since then, from the same dumpster in a "Bekins" moving clothes box that had a metal bar hanging rail came an almost mint dark blue Levi "Big E" Trucker's denim jacket, size 44, a folded unstained handmade quilt with a second completed quilt-top pattern cover ready to be sewn to a quilting backing. Other days I've found a pair of antique faceted clear glass doorknobs mounted on their old threaded connecting stem, a size 44 black leather vest made in Pakistan, a few pieces of costume jewelry, and an glass framed and sealed Windberg print. I went and got my wife to come back and look at some old baby clothes and still boxed baby gifts from the 1960's and also found a 16" thick frosted glass serving platter with "Neiman Marcus" tastefully pressed into the glass pattern. Just for the adventure, I went back yesterday and dug out a stun gun....:tongue3::tongue3:

....And all of this is FREE...

Attachments

• Mongoose.jpg
    Mongoose.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 290
  • mongoose suspension.JPG
    mongoose suspension.JPG
    693.8 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that storage dumpsters are the best. I just found a 1989 Rolling Stones concert T-shirt in the dumpster of a storage area near my work shop. It is in perfect condition, and when I looked on Etsy and Ebay I found out it is worth around $150! There was also 4 of the Camel cigarette t-shirts that were give aways around 1990 that are worth $15 or $20 each. Also a San Francisco 49ers jersey from 1993 in like new condition that is worth around $60!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are because you can't know everything about everything so you make quick decisions on what to toss or has little value. I admit I trash a lot of good stuff but only because I don't have the time for the smaller items, or I know nothing about them. It sucks and I wish I had more time and space.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some cool stuff this last weekend Ill post once I go through it all . Thanks to all your cool posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread