cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove behind my local WallyWorld and no dumpsters to be found. There were trailers to go on a semi but they were for bailed corrugated. I did see this huge container attached to the store with a secured walkway from the store into it. I drove the entire back lot twice.

Attachments

• BEHIND STORE.jpg
    BEHIND STORE.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 246

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol Got a Blow Torch ?

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a trash compacter, loaded from inside the store.

I thought that might be it but it looks like you can actually walk inside. Your not getting me in there.
But there are skids of compacted corrugated everywhere that are banned with steel strapping. This does not look the that type of compactor. I have seen the skid type in operation many years ago.

Been raining here for two days, I bet that corrugated weighs 50% right now.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compactor/baler for cardboard.

mdj

May 15, 2011
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some dumpsters contents are owned by the company whose name is on them. For instance, everything put inside a recycling dumpster is owned by that recycling co.. Around here if your caught ...they WILL prosecute. A church got a recycling dumpster for free ( no fee ) and put their old boiler in there, a man was caught on camera taking it out, the police gave him 2 hours to put it back or go to jail,...watch the dumpsters you dive!

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a diving board when that's accesable lol

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some cool stuff this last weekend Ill post once I go through it all . Thanks to all your cool posts.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove behind my local WallyWorld and no dumpsters to be found. There were trailers to go on a semi but they were for bailed corrugated. I did see this huge container attached to the store with a secured walkway from the store into it. I drove the entire back lot twice.

A couple of those 10 feet down would work just fine :)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that might be it but it looks like you can actually walk inside. Your not getting me in there.
But there are skids of compacted corrugated everywhere that are banned with steel strapping. This does not look the that type of compactor. I have seen the skid type in operation many years ago.

Been raining here for two days, I bet that corrugated weighs 50% right now.
Inside the store is the other half that looks like a regular flip top dumpster. You put the trash in & hit the button & it pushes it into the part you're showing. When full they pull it away from the wall, throw a tarp over the end & off they go.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most definitely a trash compactor, and you in your wildest dreams cannot imagine all the goodies they throw in there and smash.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most definitely a trash compactor, and you in your wildest dreams cannot imagine all the goodies they throw in there and smash.

I've heard a lot of stuff that goes in there is sellable. An item which does not move, goes in there and is then written of as "stolen merchandise."

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A funny thing I saw on the news two days ago. Sheriff's Search and Rescue were called out to remove someone from a big trash truck. Turns out a homeless guy was sleeping in a dumpster and the trash was picked up. Free ride to the dump?

I hope it catches on, too many homeless in this town.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
A funny thing I saw on the news two days ago. Sheriff's Search and Rescue were called out to remove someone from a big trash truck. Turns out a homeless guy was sleeping in a dumpster and the trash was picked up. Free ride to the dump?

I hope it catches on, too many homeless in this town.
snacks provided. help yourself.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on

ci, thats the dumpster. and the end you see in the picture is the magic end that opens. all you have to do is knock on the end 3 times for good luck. open the latch on the left side swing the door open and show us what goodies we found today ? that might be the one for cardboard ? only one way to find out ?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread