Granite

jones6780

Sep 29, 2018
Middle Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went by the local counter top maker. He has a dumpster for the rock discards. He posted a sign on it that the contents are free at your own risk. Just don't add trash to his rock.

Looked in and there are several pieces big enough to make a few things with, and a good variety of color. I will have to go back and keep an eye on this, and decide what to make.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find that stuff isnt cheap

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an idea for you. pick a piece that's close to the size of a half sheet of sand paper. Set it on your bench add a few drops of honing oil or similar. Apply your half sheet of sandpaper. The oil will hold it to the marble. Add a couple drops to the paper and hone away! Takes up less room than a drawer full of stones and is fairly quick change and a pack of paper is cheaper than stones. You can find 2000 grit paper easily. Haven't tried it myself but a buddy was doing his carving tools with just paper grocery bag and he was getting mirror edges!!

Calgarychef

Jan 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell some pieces to a reastarant, they make nice (but heavy) platters for cold food. Stored in the fridge overnight they stay cool for quite awhile

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread