Found Apple I-Pad, But Locked :(

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Was DD at an apartment complex. Found some stuff not noteworthy though (did find a $1,000,000,00 Bill that commemorates Desert Storm).

I did find an Apple I-Pad with a cracked screen, but it works. Problem is it was password locked. I hoped that I can do a system reset with a button combo like some Galaxy phones can to start new. No such thing for Apple. I tried guessing the PW knowing it will eventually lock up after 10 tries. Now it's locked with a message that says (Connect to I-Tunes). I do not care about the previous owners info, but would have liked the Pad to access my I-Tunes songs (My old I-Touch went kaput last year).

I doubt it's stolen, but genuinely thrown away in a move (judging by the other obsolete stuff thrown out with it). I figure if I brought it to the Apple store for an unlock, and erase they will call the cops on me?

Oh well. I still have the Victorian era opera binoculars I found DD two years ago.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both my Daughters I Pads they forgot the passwords I used to use one of them to take pics of my finds they do great pics and my phones camera is too scratched up I've tried everything on google to unlock them nothing works let me know if you find a way. Tommy

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long story on how I know but if you take it to an Apple store, they will unlock it but if your Apple ID doesn’t match the devices, they will assume it is stolen.

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... They will want to confiscate it.

botics

Dec 6, 2012
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, 17" and 6" Coils
Minelab Excalibur II, 10" Coil
AT Pro, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Download Apple iTunes and reset the iPad.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have another apple device with I tunes you turn the iPad off Then hold the home button at the bottom screen and the power on button Keep hold until the charge adapter picture shows up on your screen. When that happens plug it into the device with iTunes on it. Your device will register it and a pop up will show up that asks if you want to download or restore. Click restore another pop up will come that will tell you that everything in the iPad will be erased click the heck yeah i don't care button. It will then ask you to agree to all of their legal mumbo click agree and let it sit for about 20 minutes. When its done it will be factory settings with no password. If it is iCloud protected it is totaled. If you don't have that then you can't use it. I find that less than 20% of the device I wipe are iCloud protected. if they are i sell them for parts. If you want to ship it to me Ill wipe it for you and send it back. cheers You too Tommy

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last two posts are correct, if you have access to I-tunes you can wipe the problem iPad clean and start new. It’s the only way I’ve ever heard of to get past a password locked unit, I’ve done it on two Apple devices our family has where the password was forgotten.

OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Thanks for the tips, and offer.

I don't have a PC anymore, but maybe I can use a friend's to access I-Tunes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread